Notices

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
according to the competition page this also supports harmattan, so is there another thread for it or the deb file also works with N9?

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Berlin
Sorry, I did not see your post. The deb in the first post is for harmattan only, while the version for fremantle is in extras-devel.
Please note that the harmattan version is untested (by me), I just changed the paths and used the other MADDE toolchain. If this works on harmattan please leave a little note here. Because it is untested, I did not select it as a platform on the official Coding Competition form (see post by kojacker).

As I am already posting:
Version 0.7 is nearly ready and will be released on Friday after the Coding Competiton ends. It will bring some notable features:
* ink annotations (reading and writing)[1]
* an in-document history: If you followed a link or jumped to the literature section, you can press backspace go to the page you were before.
* table of contents (outline) can be displayed
* "last files" screen shows title and author
* external links should work now
* additional zoom options (fit height, width or page or stretch)
* some nice icons instead of text

[1] I've choosen to implement ink annotations first, because I have not much time and thought, they were the most utile ones on mobile devices.

To those who already tested flatboat:
Currently "1" is associated to "open last document". However "1" is hard to enter since the arrow button and "1" are quite close to each other. Should I change the mapping for the last n documents to start from "2" or is frequently pressing "1" not as nasty as I think?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to frafI For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Hi frafl,

Thanks for your app! I just tested it on my n9 and was wondering in addition to the changes you mentioned, for the page number can it indicate the total no. of pages in the document i.e. pg X/Y instead of the current pg. X

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Yes that is possible. I only left that out because space is a very limited ressource. I'll include it for this release, it's anyway delayed due to a bug in the android version.

Last edited by frafI; 2012-09-28 at 13:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frafI For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frafI View Post
Yes that is possible. I only left that out because space is a very limited ressource. I'll include it for this release, it's anyway delayed due to a bug in the android version.
Version 0.7 is out now for all supported platforms, see the first post. The total number of pages is currently displayed on a transparent background (i.e. without a background). This looks nicer than a white background, but is not as easy to read. Maybe, I'll change that with the next version (opinions?).

I did not find a way to report bugs through gitorious, so I'll write it down here:
When started, flatboat opens the last viewed PDF file.
If this last PDF has been deleted between the two flatboat sessions, flatboat does not have a fail-safe method and segfault hideously.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pierrem For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot, it's OK to post bugs here.
This error should not happen because flatboat tries to load that file, I capture that very lately. I may have introduced that bug with outline or annotation support.
Edit: Until I fix this (with the next release), you have to remove the settings file (/home/user/.config/flatboat/flatboat.conf), if you encounter this bug. Of course, the histories (recent documents and each in-document history) are lost in this case.
Edit2: Can you provide more details? I can't reproduce that bug, I just see the golden background, you should see after a fresh install.
Edit3: This only happens in column mode: the QList holding the columns is empty and I didn't check that in one place.

Last edited by frafI; 2012-10-21 at 17:09. Reason: fixed (s.b.)

Version 0.8 is out, which (hopefully) fixes this bug and adds support for text annotations. The links in the first post were changed to point to the new files.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
I simply loved it , i hope you can furnish it more and more ,some times it just lags and responds late to the tap scroll. thanks for sucha great work .

The Following User Says Thank You to imo For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your reply. Could you be a bit more specific about the lag?

One reason may be that I use a kind of long click to show the main menu. Since the N900 has a keyboard and reacts well to doubke clicks I could remove this in the maemo version. I introduced this for Android, were I can't expect a keyboard and doube clicking is unusual and works only every second or third time.

Maybe some settings of the QML Flickable element can improve the situation. Finally I thought about subclassing the Flickable element in C++ for the Android EInk version, which would give me more options to improve this issue too.

The Following User Says Thank You to frafI For This Useful Post: