Not sure if you guys heard already, but if you play games you're a goddamn misogynist. Please apologize

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Not sure if you guys heard already, but if you play games you're a goddamn misogynist. Please apologize
Okay. I'm sorry.
Can I go to my room and play now, mum?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Okay. I'm sorry.
Can I go to my room and play now, mum?
Ok, but only approved games with correct message, how about choose your own adventure about depression

I don't approve gamergate, and I don't approve Tropes against Women.

I see them as polar opposites of each other.

I play CoD as much as Tomb Raider, and I like both games for what they are.

Would I be offended if the next GTA had a playable female character.... not at all...!!!

I'm flattered

if it only were that simple, just wait for the critics to analyze tomb raider, she has too large boobs and is sexy, totally unrealistic expectation from a woman, obvious sexualization, you're a mysoginist for playing that

On a bit of a side note, this vid brought back instantly memory of shill threads: jolla not transparent enough. Just check how Will Wheaton (whoever that is) gets destroyed after calm/reasonably worded apology, it's never enough for them, starts around 22:00 mark:
(NSFW language)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0USsMKUFd4c

Really glad jolla did not fall into this trap

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The moment I let a bunch of puerile gamers get more of my attention is the day that I probably will go totally "American" and shoot my way into infamy.

Simply put, I truly don't care to give any more attention to a group of rather marginalized people that add absolutely nothing to most of society.

I get what you mean.

Some people/girls get oversensitive to subjects such as sexuality, feminism, culturism, etc etc.

And its sad that the most vocal group is the one that gets heard the most. Do I agree that there is some female sexualism in Gran Theft Auto... well yes. Do I oppose it? No. Do I support it? Yes. That is the point of the game...to be semi-realistic while being over-the-top. There are Gay, Lesbian, and Transgender in the game too, so should those people boycott the game or be happy that they're included? Well, whatever, they have the right to aapprove and disapprove.

I mean all James Bond characters are "sexy" men...should we complain to women that "regular" men are not like that and we feel violated??

A bit absurd if you agree.

If women are pro-equal rights as I am, then they sure shouldn't have any problems with it. Otherwise, it would be favouritism towards them and that wouldn't be fair.

With all this said I'm not saying games should all be targetting white males... I'm just saying there really isn't any problems but there iis room for improvement.

Does that make me a typical white male misogynist?
Well no. I'm not white. And you can assume I'm a male.

I don't like the Tropes against women, for reasons like the analysis of Red Dead Redemption. Apparently prostitution is anti-women. Well, get over it, it was a big thing back in those times and the point of the game is to immerse the player into that western environment. If you took that out it really wouldn't affect the women players positively. But it would take a bit of that realism away for all. And those were the conditions in those days, so its nothing less than a history lesson.

Should there be a game for women that has over the top direction and it portrays men as a sexual object or whatever they like? Sure.... I'd be interested in playing.

In short... I don't like gamergate. I don't like TaW etc. They are both the same thing on opposite ends. And I wouldn't want drastic changes in games but more "women-friendly" material could be an improvement.

This whole saga is no different to PETAs reaction to Pokemon.... I seriously doubt watching/playing Pokemon has made anyone more susceptible to animal abuse, like wtf peoples.

I'm flattered

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
The moment I let a bunch of puerile gamers get more of my attention is the day that I probably will go totally "American" and shoot my way into infamy.

Simply put, I truly don't care to give any more attention to a group of rather marginalized people that add absolutely nothing to most of society.
I'd say your loss, there's a lot going on, whether it is certain group of people trying to hijack a movement (like what was happening in atheism community, the moment i care about atheists...?), how one sided reportîng comes back and bites you (gawker is currently on receiving end) or collusion (gee, do verge reporting on iphone really that differs from paid for reviews of aaa titles?). I actually find this quite fascinating

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
I get what you mean.

Some people/girls get oversensitive to subjects such as sexuality, feminism, culturism, etc etc.

And its sad that the most vocal group is the one that gets heard the most. Do I agree that there is some female sexualism in Gran Theft Auto... well yes. Do I oppose it? No. Do I support it? Yes. That is the point of the game...to be semi-realistic while being over-the-top. There are Gay, Lesbian, and Transgender in the game too, so should those people boycott the game or be happy that they're included? Well, whatever, they have the right to aapprove and disapprove.

I mean all James Bond characters are "sexy" men...should we complain to women that "regular" men are not like that and we feel violated??

A bit absurd if you agree.

If women are pro-equal rights as I am, then they sure shouldn't have any problems with it. Otherwise, it would be favouritism towards them and that wouldn't be fair.

With all this said I'm not saying games should all be targetting white males... I'm just saying there really isn't any problems but there iis room for improvement.

Does that make me a typical white male misogynist?
Well no. I'm not white. And you can assume I'm a male.

I don't like the Tropes against women, for reasons like the analysis of Red Dead Redemption. Apparently prostitution is anti-women. Well, get over it, it was a big thing back in those times and the point of the game is to immerse the player into that western environment. If you took that out it really wouldn't affect the women players positively. But it would take a bit of that realism away for all. And those were the conditions in those days, so its nothing less than a history lesson.

Should there be a game for women that has over the top direction and it portrays men as a sexual object or whatever they like? Sure.... I'd be interested in playing.

In short... I don't like gamergate. I don't like TaW etc. They are both the same thing on opposite ends. And I wouldn't want drastic changes in games but more "women-friendly" material could be an improvement.

This whole saga is no different to PETAs reaction to Pokemon.... I seriously doubt watching/playing Pokemon has made anyone more susceptible to animal abuse, like wtf peoples.
I think nobody would disagree with what you've written, except you're a woman hating bastard for not donating to that poor victim of misogyny (that actually helped spread doxx of 3 GG ppl, man the spectacle keeps getting better)