Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
are you sure? People here agree with just 16GB of storage.
If that was the only alternative I would still have to buy it.

Of course I hope it there will be an option with more storage since there is no technical reason not to.
(as opposed to more core memory, faster cpu, 4G connection, usb-c, and whatever else that would require redesign)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I know you're joking; but man. This is why we can't get any devices.
[rant]
That post started off great, but then your brain took a bit of a wrong turn, trying to make my joke/suggestion/whatever (your choice) fit into that argument you really seem to like to make once in a while. Even if we're entertaining the thought of my post being a real suggestion (haha, it's a nice idea, now that I think about it), this wouldn't have the slightest thing to do with bickering or dismissing anything regarding the revived tablet project. I even wrote "the next device" to stop anyone thinking I'd really suggest making further changes to this project, but obviously failed at that – perhaps I should have used caps lock or something.
If you look closely, I have already proclaimed the intention of buying one of the tablets if I'm somehow able to. Because, firstly, it's awesome and, secondly, I tend to want to support projects/people/ideas that I like. Even with minor details I'd like to be different.
[/rant]
Now look what you did: You made me upset enough to go "off topic lane" again.

Edit:
To get this on track again:

@chen how are things progressing? Is everything according to plan? Did the test units work out?
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

Last edited by velox; 2017-04-25 at 08:27.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
velox, impressive rant man! No harm done.

Chen, can't wait for your updates.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Thanks for all the information and support, it meant a lot!

Some update in bullet points:

- Youyota Tab will be using the Sharp LCD and latest revision PCB, same as Jolla Tab, instead of Aigo X86

- Battery will be 4500 mAh instead of 4300, I know it's still very little and marginal... But we did our best in current structure

- We will have an OFFICIAL and STABLE build of SFOS, and they will be maintained for for future updates, in good quality.

- We are refining the design of Keyboard Cover, to make it even more beautiful. Real picture will be posted in about a week

- We have started pre-production, PCB takes some time, but part of the components have been verified. Final prototype will be shown around first half of May. Jolla will be presenting in CCW2017 in Hong Kong on 16-18th May. My plan is to have the final prototype with them. Will double confirm later. Welcome to come and see the real prototype (in red)

- When I'm trying to fundarise the Keyboard Moto Mod I was thinking of personally funding the first batch of production. But it's out of my personal ability. So maybe I have to go through KS and IGG again, which might be a pain......

- The red 128GB prototype will be made before the CCW2017 and I will be proudly presenting here as soon as I can.

- If we decided to go for crowdfunding we may start a campaign fairly quickly as we need 45 days to deliver the product after putting into assembly line. Therefore assume May - crowdfunding - June 15th fund arrived (IGG takes 15 days to deliver funds), plus 45 days manufacturing, it will be delivered around August...... I will do the best I can to speed up.

The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Aha ha, a second campaign

Will you have any stretch goals? Fixed goal? Limit? Start day 1st of May?

GL man I hope you mange what jolla could not.

What will jolla present? Don't tell me jolla is involved in this campaign too.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2017-04-25 at 21:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Aha ha, a second campaign

Will you have any stretch goals? Fixed goal? Limit? Start day 1st of May?

GL man I hope you mange what jolla could not.
Yes sir, challenge accepted

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
- When I'm trying to fundarise the Keyboard Moto Mod I was thinking of personally funding the first batch of production. But it's out of my personal ability. So maybe I have to go through KS and IGG again, which might be a pain......
The crowdfunding for the keyboard went up faster lately.
Maybe you could make some videos where the keyboard prototype can be seen in action? I think you could get really close to your goal in these last days. Maybe even some newssite can pick this up.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ravelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I hope you mange what jolla could not.
Mange?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
@chen please consider using Kickstarter, if it doesn't have much worse conditions for you – a lot people seem to put more trust in it than in indiegogo.

A quick look at my backed (fully backed and "completed" – all of them were pretty likely to succeed from the available information) projects confirms this, at least for me: 20% failed projects on kickstarter; 25% successful projects on IG.
Also, KS doesn't seem to need a "IG vs KS" page linked on the footer of every page – maybe with good reason, maybe not.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Can it be done without ig or ks? Just your own webpage with PayPal.
We all know (now..) crowdfunding has no guarantees so why use them at all?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla tablet, sailfish os