Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Problem using smplayer

I installed smplayer more friendly to use mplayer and suffer a serious problem in using it.

Not show the image of the videos that I open, with the exception of those based on flash. Some videos appear with massive jumps and sync (example: Nine). If I use mplayer for these probrem xterminal not occur.

Can you help?

Thanks.

smplayer is broken and should never have made it out of testing into extras, in my opinion.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leetnoob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by leetnoob View Post
smplayer is broken and should never have made it out of testing into extras, in my opinion.
Moved here from another thread because Search did not show up this thread:

Testing smplayer_0.6.9-1maemo7_armel.deb :

-it is not able to play files on the SD card. I had to make a link to be able to access the mp3 songs on my SD card.
-the GUI is daunting at best
-changed something in the settings and since then it jumps through all the mp3s in a playlist displaying the title shortly without playing the title.
In the title list it marks all titles with a green mark (why?) but it
still does not play.
This is a strange behaviour for smplayer. Did not find a
"Reset to default" button in the options.
-smplayer opens two windows where the main window cannot be selected when the title list is opened. Closing the title list closes smplayer completely.

I was using smplayer and mplayer on the desktop under Linux so I know what it is capable of.

The Maemo5 port seems to be quite strange.

Deleting ~/.mplayer does not solve these problems.

For the time being deleted smplayer.
Is somebody still working on this?

I have solved the jerky playback of SMplayer by unselecting the audio equalizer, using the pulse audio driver and do not using the sofware volume control. That way it seems to play quite smoothly the videos (like nine). However, I agree that it seems a bit in a beta stage.

The Following User Says Thank You to ikerrg For This Useful Post: