Notices

Making the browser work like photo viewing in gallery would make both pulley menu and using swipes as back/foward work. Toolbar hidden when browsing web normally, and when its visible swipes and pulley enabled. Tapping the screen could make the toolbar visible?

Usability wise this is a horror. Even I did not get that in the gallery app until I saw it in a video.
Clicking somewhere is already occupied for opening links. It would be quite annoying having a menu popup only because you tried to click a link

Donate using Liberapay

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland

Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
Usability wise this is a horror. Even I did not get that in the gallery app until I saw it in a video.
Clicking somewhere is already occupied for opening links. It would be quite annoying having a menu popup only because you tried to click a link
Well it's your app so you'll make the decisions. However, I don't think the link opening would be an issue. Since tapping only would open the toolbar, which takes like 1/10th? of the screen, and enable pulley & swipes. Still room for tapping links open.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Spain
This browser has made huge steps since the last time I used it. Great.

One suggestion: can Mallit keyboard be "invoked" with the dictionary plug-in? Or add an option to enable or disable this feature?

I mean: if I run the default browser, load "Google Translate" and start to type into the text box, Mallit suggests words as I'm typing. But Webcat does not.

One suggestion: can Mallit keyboard be "invoked" with the dictionary plug-in? Or add an option to enable or disable this feature?
I need to research this as in the current version the qtwebkit qml plugin itself calls the virtual keyboard. I am not sure if I am able to change something regarding how it is called (without forking SilicaWebView or WebView)

Donate using Liberapay

Is there way to clear browsing history? I tried to look, but couldn't find.

This feature will be implemented in the next release. See the current git version if you eager to have it sooner.

Donate using Liberapay

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Thank you! Great work already! Clearly this project has a lot of potential to be much better than the included browser.

How easy would it be to add a 'Save As' to the long-tap context menu on a link? At the moment I have to open the link (so the target file starts opening, which I often don't want) and then the download icon appears in the bottom right.

I notice that the context menu looks very similar (the same?) as the one in the included browser, but as my understanding is that the browser was fully opened by Jolla, I'm hopeful that this is still easily extended.

If I wasn't in a restricted environment at work I'd try to read the code to at least see how the context menu is defined. If I have time/energy tonight when I get home, I will try.

Last edited by shallimus; 2014-03-04 at 19:39.

Put a save as link in the context menu would be no problem. Adding a file saving dialog would be the actual work that would be needed here.

Donate using Liberapay

Tags
browser, webbrowser