Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
Soon(tm)?
I think this is the best indication of the status and roadmap of Sailfish Secure:

https://jolla.com/jobs/#Security

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
And I'm glad that they followed the chronological order - it's fair and one can only blame themselves for not being faster
I'm not :/
But sort of came to peace and accepted Jolla made up a new chronologie strictly based on 189€ early birds and i excluded myself from that by picking the wrong perk...
Which puts me to the very first place in 199€ early birds with 9:11 contribution time. yay...

I will probably try the Chinese route (if it's still open)
Can not make you much hope for that endevour.
I tried hard.
So prepare yourself for an even higher price than 300$, if taobao failsters still have something to deliver.
It sure still looks like it to the "layman"
Tell me if you get a new price tag, i am always in for a good laugh.

Last edited by mosen; 2016-03-17 at 09:34. Reason: added taobao listing

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
No, it is not a bug.

According to the info I just got from Jolla Care, if you request a refund through the site and receive an error message and this 'shipping/pending' status, it means you will get the tablet instead.

I wish I got the error message
That's also a bug.

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Got an answer from Jolla on an unresolved zendesk question back from last year when i first told them of my "problem" with 199$ mispick.

If this happens, i am going to burst
Hello.

If there are some people who reject the Tablet - those receiving an invite to the shop - then we will do our best to select other people to take "their spot".

If we understand correctly, you would be interested in that.

However, we still kindly advise you to complete your refund submission.
Sincerely,
Jolla Customer Care

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Got an answer from Jolla on an unresolved zendesk question back from last year when i first told them of my "problem" with 199$ mispick.

If this happens, i am going to burst
That's a mess...

I've been bothering Jolla Care (Zendesk) with this question for months, every time the tablet situation seems to change and they always gave me some hope that I might be getting a tablet (the reason why I was asking was to try buying from Taobao if I get a clear answer). This time, I ask if it's final and they tell me that I should ask for refund/donation and if an error is shown, then I might be eligible.

So I try it, no error shown, case closed. But now it seems that what I was asking about (if one can refuse the tablet and the chance moves to another person in the row) is actually true. What they did not tell me is that by choosing refund/donation, to check my eligibility, I actually locked myself out of the chance of getting a 'skipped' tablet. Oh well...

Last edited by nodevel; 2016-03-17 at 13:56.

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
To be honest. I wouldn't have known how to skip the tablet, if I wanted to...
There wasn't an option for that or?

They are quite reactive on that matter if you file a zendesk request i guess

After all things that happend, i think they operate the refund tool from within mysql and will manually do:
Code:
DELETE FROM luckyBastards WHERE *insert email here* LIKE 'True';

Last edited by mosen; 2016-03-17 at 16:09.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
For people like me with combo deals we Are geting refund of the full amount. I have notifed jolla about the Scam.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-03-17 at 22:25.

I did not find any conclusive Information about what happens to the Cases, so I've taken the route of asking Lastu if they get some Cases back to get rid of or if they'd prefer me to order one regularly – of which I strongly suspect the latter.

I guess, with Jolla out of "don't harm us we are protected mode", they'll at least be partly reimbursed for the "lost" merchandise in the end, so additional sales can not hurt. Except the environment, that is.

I'll report back if they get to answering, so no need for anyone else to spam them as well.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by velox View Post
I did not find any conclusive Information about what happens to the Cases, so I've taken the route of asking Lastu if they get some Cases back to get rid of or if they'd prefer me to order one regularly – of which I strongly suspect the latter.

I guess, with Jolla out of "don't harm us we are protected mode", they'll at least be partly reimbursed for the "lost" merchandise in the end, so additional sales can not hurt. Except the environment, that is.

I'll report back if they get to answering, so no need for anyone else to spam them as well.
Hi. I just tried to order a Lastu case. But it does not appear that they take orders from US. Is that true?

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund