Posts: 172 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Forest of Dean, England.
Originally Posted by racky View Post
That is called "Freedom of Speech", as long as people are telling the truth. Who give you the right to tell people what can say and cannot say? Are you interested in buying? Well, I am but I just try to point out he is way overpriced his used N900, so he can low his price(which he did). What's wrong with that?

Just exercising my "right" = "Freedom of Speech".

I think people should be free to price their item at whatever they want and if someone decides to buy at that price then its up to them, pointing out publicly that someones price is too high doesnt do the seller any favours and could mean they get less money.

What makes you an expert on market values?!

PICTURES TAKEN WITH MY N900

The Following User Says Thank You to thebtman For This Useful Post:
Hey, do you have any more pictures of the phone?

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by CrazyMonkey View Post
Hey, do you have any more pictures of the phone?
I can take some and post them when I get home from work tonight

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by racky View Post
I don't know what you are talking about. Of course you can buy a new N900 now. ...
This bidding for a New N900 is just ended, priced $176 with no shipping fee, which is $111 less than your used N900 ($280+$7 shipping fee)
The linked auction is from "cellphoneforever". If you look at the feedback from them, you will note several people complaining that their "new" phone was actually a refurb or previously owned device. In particular there are at least 5 reviews from N900 sales, and all but 1 notes that the device was clearly not "new". In short, there are plenty of unreputable dealers out there that will slap a "new" label on just about anything to sell it.

N900 production stopped some time ago. If there are still new-in-box devices, they're not common, and probably in shops that have them overpriced for their market (eg list price + markup still).

Noting that there are other used devices out there for less is fine. Calling someone names and insulting them isn't. Especially when you don't bother to check your own "facts" about "new" devices being available.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Historically, discussions of whether an asked price is fair or realistic have been allowed and are in fact common on this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
I don't think anyone should be prohibited from talking about prices or anything else in the forums.

However, to criticize how much I or anyone else chooses to sell our devices for while at the same time actually including URL links to cheaper auctions of dubious quality in the same thread?

That's just trolling of the highest caliber. Seriously, who takes time out of their day just to crap all over other people?

Oh yeah, forum trolls, that's who.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
I have both N9 & N900 and I'll tell you this...

Do not sell the N900. You will miss it, it is a much more joyfull device to use.

*the flash support for the N9 is crippled atm. N900's flash is miles ahead.

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
I like your n900, but the price is a bit too high for me, I would purchase it for $145, plus $15 shipping to Canada (as ebay says) so around $160 shipped (versus the $195 it would be if I bid on it right now)

Originally Posted by CrazyMonkey View Post
I like your n900, but the price is a bit too high for me, I would purchase it for $145, plus $15 shipping to Canada (as ebay says) so around $160 shipped (versus the $195 it would be if I bid on it right now)
Appreciate the interest, and if it had failed to sell I would happily entertain your offer.

Alas, it did sell at auciton. Hope you find an N900 for yourself soon.