The script is only meant to be automatically executed by the system from if-up.d directory. When automatically executed the ICD_CONNECTION_TYPE ought to be correctly set.

When run manually from terminal... you need to know what you are doing and set preconditions correctly yourself Maybe a manual execution option should be added to the script? Improvement suggestions are welcome, we are still working on the feature

The Following User Says Thank You to tsavo For This Useful Post:
Anyone get this ipv6 only connection up and running?
http://code.google.com/p/n900ipv6/wiki/README

I can't get the "register-connection-type" script to run. Keep getting "Permision denied" error message on the script. Probably it's my lack of Linux/N900 knowledge, but I still managed to get the dual stack setup working without too much trouble, so maybe it's not just me .

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Missouri
Originally Posted by tsavo View Post
The script is only meant to be automatically executed by the system from if-up.d directory. When automatically executed the ICD_CONNECTION_TYPE ought to be correctly set.

When run manually from terminal... you need to know what you are doing and set preconditions correctly yourself Maybe a manual execution option should be added to the script? Improvement suggestions are welcome, we are still working on the feature
It looks like ICD_CONNECTION_TYPE is unset for the current terminal session. I assumed that was the reason it didn't work, but it seems my problem was incorrect APNs in the script. Otherwise the script seems to work well, I should have done more testing before posting

The Following User Says Thank You to kopele For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Got my confirmation this morning. Everything appears to be working well. Used the directions from here as suggested above.

Got the email, switched over to 3g and everything connected right up. Seems to take slightly longer than normal, but not bad.

So far so good.

*edit* slightly longer to establish a connection to 3g, download speed seems faster.

Last edited by lemmyslender; 2010-08-23 at 19:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Another neat part about this service is that T-Mobile has signed up for Google's IPv6 content, so all the Google stuff comes over IPv6 natively (if you are using the T-Mobile USA DNS server 2607:FB90:BEEF:A::1)

More info at http://www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tmojoe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
I signed up for the beta test and followed the instructions in n900-ipv6.garage.maemo.org.; i'm using the latest titan-kernel, edited 00_enable_apn_ipv6 file to reflect the ipv4 APN (using internet3.voicestream.com) and ipv6 APN.
'ifconfig' shows only "gprs0" and obviously no swimming turtles for me.

any suggestions where to begin the troubleshooting?

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Southern California
Any downside to this? Anyone on the $5 loyalty unlimited data plan using it with an N900?

Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
Any downside to this? Anyone on the $5 loyalty unlimited data plan using it with an N900?
I don't know of any downside, if you dont like it you can always delete the scripts and roll back to the old kernel. My understanding is that you need the unlimited data plan, how much you pay for it not relevant.

Another confirmed ipv6 user using these scripts:

http://n900-ipv6.garage.maemo.org/

Also, I'm using the $40/mo data-only account.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leviathan3k For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
Hmm how do you get this $5 ?
is this the grandfather t-zone plan?

Tags
ipv6s, tmobile