Notices

New message from Nokia: they are doing their best, bla bla bla. Seems to be a huge technical challenge for them to make a download work. Anyway, a new release will be ready soon, it will hopefully bring more luck

Update (2013.04.13): new release (1.1.1) has been submitted to the app store

Last edited by bwalter; 2013-04-14 at 08:45.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bwalter For This Useful Post:
I brought this app today but I get the download error also, I can't even download it to my PC.

I noticed that the version in the app store hasn't been updated to version 1.1.1 yet.

Originally Posted by guzz46 View Post
I brought this app today but I get the download error also, I can't even download it to my PC.

I noticed that the version in the app store hasn't been updated to version 1.1.1 yet.
1.1.1 has been submitted but it may take 1 to 5 days to be validated by QA and be available on the store.

The Following User Says Thank You to bwalter For This Useful Post:
Has Nokia sorted out the download problem yet?

I will buy this as soon as nokia fixes the download thingie !

Originally Posted by jusE View Post
I will buy this as soon as nokia fixes the download thingie !
Same with me. I'm still waiting to download SunCalc Premium which I've paid for but cannot download. I'm not going to be caught again.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
It's there anything that keeps the developer from making this app available via sure kind of direct method? Send payment to developer via PayPal, user gets app? Not permanent solution, but I've that could help with getting feedback and such till it hits official channels.

Just a thought.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
It's there anything that keeps the developer from making this app available via sure kind of direct method? Send payment to developer via PayPal, user gets app? Not permanent solution, but I've that could help with getting feedback and such till it hits official channels.

Just a thought.
Problem is that someone would probably leak the deb package into the wild. Ofcourse this is possible from the store also as it doesn't need much technical knowledge to copy the package while it's being installed, but I can understand why a developer wouldn't want to release a proprietary software package outside the store.

After 1 week (!) of testing, Nokia's QA rejected the 1.1.1 release, because:
- the application "must" include a Privacy Policy, although it actually does not collect any Personal Data!
- "the application does not prompt (active consent) the user for permission to use Location Data and should include an 'OPT-OUT' feature that disables the use of Location Data". In other words, I should add an option for users to disable GPS in my GPS tracking application!

The funny thing: 1.1.1 changes are absolutely not related to the QA complaints. In the meanwhile, after 1 month, they still did not manage to solve the download issue. I am now convinced that Nokia is making a joke...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bwalter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 376 | Thanked: 257 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by bwalter View Post
The funny thing: 1.1.1 changes are absolutely not related to the QA complaints. In the meanwhile, after 1 month, they still did not manage to solve the download issue. I am now convinced that Nokia is making a joke...
Or that they have a deal with Sports Tracker...