Active Topics

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Please can the admin check this members
shkanyzxs
mchdklpw

in the last weeks i see some of this spam on the forum.

Thanks

ok find to report this. but looking and reporting similar i have to wait 1 minute

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Done and done. We're aware of it and remove as soon as we see them or as they're reported. So thanks for reporting them, but it might take us a second or two to get to them.

But we will remove them.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I do find it astounding that the spammers continue to attempt to entice us with these "links" to college football live streams. 99% of the active membership of this board couldn't care less about American football. Most of the 1% that do care, of course, already can stream as part of their pay TV packages.

But then again, what do I know? I suppose that the spammers have considered the economic cost-benefit, so I guess it makes sense that they continue...

All they need is to get one sucker to click the links I guess.

And as am American, I don't mind the sport (enjoy it actually) but all of the links are for freely viewed stuff while in the US anyway. The rest of the world, as you stated, would not care.

It's the links to the crappy games they link to that are bothersome. I've never heard of them, and when I do research into them, 1 star in their respective stores. I can see why they resorted to spamming in some cases...

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
So what are they after, is it to get people to watch advertisements on the streaming sites?
Or do the pages have some nice attack vector that will hijack the (windows-) machines people supposedly use?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
So what are they after, is it to get people to watch advertisements on the streaming sites?
Or do the pages have some nice attack vector that will hijack the (windows-) machines people supposedly use?
Not only Windows machines are susceptible.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Not only Windows machines are susceptible.
Sure, but most of the attacks are platform-dependant, at least the nasty ones since fortunately you can only do pretty trivial things in js running on a browser...

The larger and more homogenous installed base points attackers towards windows hosts; for example it would be possible to have ransomware attack against linux too, but I am aware of no such being deployed.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Sure, but most of the attacks are platform-dependant, at least the nasty ones since fortunately you can only do pretty trivial things in js running on a browser...

The larger and more homogenous installed base points attackers towards windows hosts; for example it would be possible to have ransomware attack against linux too, but I am aware of no such being deployed.
JavaScript exploits can be multi-purpose and multi-platform. And it's beyond trivial.

Same BS that folks on macOS think, seems to be prevalent in Linux too. Each and every OS that connects to the Internet can be exploited.

It's a matter of when it will happen, not if it will happen.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
JavaScript exploits can be multi-purpose and multi-platform. And it's beyond trivial.

Same BS that folks on macOS think, seems to be prevalent in Linux too. Each and every OS that connects to the Internet can be exploited.

It's a matter of when it will happen, not if it will happen.
I stand corrected; indeed it is possible to get burned by evil browser scripts on linux.

Now they're posting friggin' Vimeo links!? C'mon...