Yep now coming is the the X but I was under the impression that they do not stop there.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post:
If they do one for the XZ premium I would be all over it like a bad rash

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
From jolla themselves, they said they're working on the single sim model.

09:23:56 <occirol> which model of Xperia X ?
09:24:12 <veskuh> occirol: We start with Single SIM version
09:24:25 <veskuh> occirol: F5121
If Jolla is providing the devices themselves, then it is a moot point. But if it will be a "flash your own device" situation, I do hope that the F5121 North America variant (i.e., with the North America-specific LTE bands) will be compatible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
Back in March when Jolla announced the Sony Xperia X I had asked Jolla about ordering the Xperia X for the region for where we live. And I asked this on their FaceBook page.

Considering Sony make US and International versions of the Xperia X will we in the community be able to order the version that works where we live?
And Jolla's response:
That will hopefully be possible. Please stay tuned for an official announcement by the end of Q2.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ka9yhd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
If they do one for the XZ premium I would be all over it like a bad rash
This one has a 4k screen if not optimised the battery will be a pain. And that screen is optimised for VR I don't see any use in SFOS...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
This one has a 4k screen if not optimised the battery will be a pain. And that screen is optimised for VR I don't see any use in SFOS...
It isn't optimised for VR, it uses an LCD screen. It doesn't support Googles daydream vr thing for that reason alone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
This one has a 4k screen [...] I don't see any use in SFOS...
Or anything at all.

(Sorry, it was impossible to resist )

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
Excuse me for this totally unrelated question to this thread, but is it possible to port Sailfish to Mi 5, or Mi 6, OnePlus 5, Sharp Aquos Mini SH-M03 or Nokia 6? I ask this because, I want to know if Sony devices are my only option.. I don't want a 5.5 inch screen.. OnePlus 5 would be an exception though.. And if by any chance OnePlus 5 is smaller than 5.5, it would be a bonanza.. On the other hand, if the answer is a no, will Xperia Z5 compact be one of the supported devices or does the support only start from Xperia X?
You know that you are listing two 5.5-inch devices while the 5.5 device you don't want is actually a 5-inch device, do you?

The Following User Says Thank You to jameson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
Originally Posted by jameson View Post
You know that you are listing two 5.5-inch devices while the 5.5 device you don't want is actually a 5-inch device, do you?
OnePlus one is 5.5, and I assumed Sony Xperia to be a 5.5 too, whereas I now realize it is a 5 inch.. Mi5&6 are both 5.15.. I see you are referring to Nokia 6 may be.. But hey.. Nokia is Nokia.. Size or even Snapdragon 430 doesn't matter.. And for all those who say its actually HMD, as long as Nokia R&D is behind the software, it doesn't matter! (Assuming Nokia is in charge of the software, of course!!)

The Following User Says Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
I see you are referring to Nokia 6 may be.. But hey.. Nokia is Nokia.. Size or even Snapdragon 430 doesn't matter.. And for all those who say its actually HMD, as long as Nokia R&D is behind the software, it doesn't matter! (Assuming Nokia is in charge of the software, of course!!)
HMD has licensed the brand from Nokia, which means that at least Nokia is committed to checking that the quality of the device conforms to certain standards, in order not to devaluate the good brand name of Nokia.

However, there's no Nokia HW or SW in the device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x