Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
With several users moving from OnePlus X to Sony X, I do wonder how do they compare.

For me OnePlus X port is working fantastically well, its well supported with the updates coming regularly, and all the hardware that I use working well (including camera at full resolution). Taking into account also the work on keyboard (https://github.com/martonmiklos/sail...sage-predictor), xt9 maybe not needed soon. So, if you don't use Android layer, MS exchange, is SFOS experience much better on Sony when compared to OnePlus?
The community OnePlus X port seems substantially more mature and complete than the official Xperia X port. I don't think I would have switched if not for poor US phone network support with the oneplus. Missing calls from, or not being able to understand my wife was a frequent problem.

(BTW, xt9 support can be installed on the OPX, even though it's not included in the port. It can be fun to just let it compose a text for you
. . .)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
With several users moving from OnePlus X to Sony X, I do wonder how do they compare.

For me OnePlus X port is working fantastically well, its well supported with the updates coming regularly, and all the hardware that I use working well (including camera at full resolution). Taking into account also the work on keyboard (https://github.com/martonmiklos/sail...sage-predictor), xt9 maybe not needed soon. So, if you don't use Android layer, MS exchange, is SFOS experience much better on Sony when compared to OnePlus?
The Bluetooth alone can justify my move. The OnePlus X port had atrocious BT support and was getting worse with every new version. Also being able to upgrade immediately after the new version is out is a nice touch too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
And to think I originally switched to OPX because of how much better its bluetooth was than the Nexus 5...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Initially it was okay, but with latest versions was almost unusable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
So, I have got me a Sony XPeria X, all updated and have unlocked the bootloader and will be downloading SailfishX soon.
Are there any tips or snippets of advice before I go ahead with the re-flash?

I'm not an early bird to Sailfish by no means, owning 3 Jollas (1 needing a recovery :P) and my current phone is an Aqua Fish.
Thankees in advance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
So, I have got me a Sony XPeria X, all updated and have unlocked the bootloader and will be downloading SailfishX soon.

I'm not an early bird to Sailfish by no means, owning 3 Jollas (1 needing a recovery :P) and my current phone is an Aqua Fish.
Thankees in advance.
Don’t flash incorrect os!

And make sure to celebrate the success properly! Make sure to have a nice bottle of water/coke/wine/beer or what ever is exclusive to you!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Just make sure that your Loire "blobs" are in working directory and if all goes hopelessly wrong "Emma" is your friend.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
I am quite disappointed that I cant get a copy of the OS because I live in New Zealand . You wait so long, then you cant have it! Surely they want to get the OS out there...............

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to datman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by datman View Post
I am quite disappointed that I cant get a copy of the OS because I live in New Zealand . You wait so long, then you cant have it! Surely they want to get the OS out there...............
People have had success using the VPN built in to the Opera browser to bypass the country block

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to suicidal_orange For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
I had a bit of a tough time today with the Android part of Sailfish X.
As I had no more updates, I removed all Android apps, an reinstalled. Unfortunately as soon as Google Play has updated, Android apps won't receive any updates any more, and new apps cannot be installed. Aptoide is of no use really.

So, in comparison to the Jolla 1, I find myself with a device with a healthy battery and a better screen, but worse Android support. Big bummer.

(Sorry guys, I want at least Whatsapp, Wordfeud and the Rabobank app, and if possible c:geo, GCC and some more handy stuff. I've already read all the remarks that a real sailor should not want it. But there are no alternatives for me.)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x