Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIaXvC-cczc

pretty peppy!!
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
1-0 for the Pandora
Did you try with swapon?

Nope, I ordered a new 32GB kingston class 6 and I am waiting for it to arrive. I have an 8 in there right now and I am full. My 32 should arrive today and I will setup swap and boot from SD.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

While in the weekend I wish to boot Meego, or at least run Meego in a chroot.
But... is there no Netbook Meego for Arm, possible?

Well I am booting Debian squeeze from a tarball I found. I just installed lenny from scratch and it booted up wonderfully. ( I choose to go back to lenny to check out KDE 3.5)

KDE4 on squeeze worked beautifully, network manager and all, but akonadi server and mysql were beating up the disk too much. To remove akonadi server, about 1/2 KDE goes with it, and if you disable it, several things do not work properly in KDE. So I am playing with KDE 3.5 on lenny, and will load full gnome on squeeze.

I much prefer Debian to Angstrom

I would skip all that pandebian stuff and boot debian directly, its awesome.

I have boot to squeeze or lenny or pandora-rootfs or gentoo, I was even able to setup and test booting from USB disk.

I have not had this much fun in years

Now this pandora thingy should be somewhat smaller, have a kbd like n900 or n97, rf chip, and you get the debian phone I was dreaming of

I really like this thing, its nice to not have to compile every app you want to have. Having a full repo of software to choose from.

http://tablethacker.com/wp/?p=545

hit me up if you want to get a copy

Are we having fun yet? Oh yes, yes we arm

Ubuntu on Pandora, yes we arm!!

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
While in the weekend I wish to boot Meego, or at least run Meego in a chroot.
But... is there no Netbook Meego for Arm, possible?
Whats meego?

http://www.meego.com/
Where your money is bound to be poured

How did you do the ubuntu?