Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
It seems that the bug was introduced since PR1.3 update that even if I turn Background Connections off, Mobile Data doesn't disconnect on idle state.

What I have seen is that it works one time after a restart of "xsession/icd", but after one disconnect on idle state, and reconnecting, it dsnt disconnect anymore.

I looked for a solution in the forum, but couldn't find one. Maybe someone could enlighten me with a workaround to achieve that?

Or is there any extension/toggle icon to shut off mobile data?

Last edited by bibek; 2013-01-21 at 19:08.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Hi bibek
Here solution...
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=983
The toggle code needs to be run as root?

it can run as user..

Isn't the code supposed to toggle WLAN? Will it disconnect 3G data?

I'm not sure what you are getting at here. 3G data doesn't automatically disconnect in idle state, you have to toggle it manually. It should be connected all the time to receive notifications. If you are worried about your data quota, no data is used when idle.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
--enable or --disable wlan from what I tried is to switch on/off the internet connection regardless of medium used...

the sh and .desktop files have been posted; you may want to use them bibek...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
I'm not sure what you are getting at here. 3G data doesn't automatically disconnect in idle state, you have to toggle it manually. It should be connected all the time to receive notifications. If you are worried about your data quota, no data is used when idle.
It was supposed to auto disconnect if we turn background connections off, at least it worked like that in PR1.2 as far as I remember.
Now it behaves like that only in PSM, but I dont want PSM to be On as it turns brightness to lowest.

And thanks thedead1440 for your codes, I'm creating the files now

The Following User Says Thank You to bibek For This Useful Post:
If you use prodilematic it can do for you automatically. Use idle time for condition and use the disable command for custom action. It work perfectly for me...

Actually I wanted to have it under manual control, coz I keep it on download sometimes. Won't want it to force disconnect then