How amazing...now i got linux debian on my n9, but is giving me error request on most apps as it can't read or edit dhe configurations but works, browser is crashing sometimes.
Question is about set of wirelles PC keyboard and mouse connected to USB wirelles stick with kind of frequency of 246xxxx that is available in shops...then the n9 has all this radio conections...is it posible to use a set of this hardware or i em asking to much!
BTW. thank you to developers for making this posible to our gorgeous N9. :-)

I installed easy debian on my n950 PR1.3 (debian-m5-v3e-Sci-2GB.img.ext2) and I am having an issue with the recognition of the arrow keys of the n950 keyboard.
When I am in LXDE and I try to navigate in the menus or in a text field the arrow keys don't work. However, when I click on the geany icon on the meego app launcher (not in LXDE) the arrow keys work fine both in the menus and in the text field.
How can I fix it?

How do I activate the translucent virtual keyboard in LXDE?

Thanks!

Last edited by aStrike; 2012-11-09 at 23:10.

Originally Posted by aStrike View Post
I installed easy debian on my n950 PR1.3 (debian-m5-v3e-Sci-2GB.img.ext2) and I am having an issue with the recognition of the arrow keys of the n950 keyboard.
When I am in LXDE and I try to navigate in the menus or in a text field the arrow keys don't work. However, when I click on the geany icon on the meego app launcher (not in LXDE) the arrow keys work fine both in the menus and in the text field.
How can I fix it?

How do I activate the translucent virtual keyboard in LXDE?

Thanks!
Get back to start page of this topic and read from 3)?
3) Javispedro solution for using MeeGo virtual keyboard (vkb), now the v1.2 is translucent and works with PR1.2/PR1.3. Download the new xmimd_1.2_armel.deb package to some folder (e.g., "/home/user/") in your Nokia N9/N950 and install it using the X-Terminal :
$ devel-su
type the root password, then :
# cd ~user
# dpkg -i xmimd_1.2_armel.deb

The Following User Says Thank You to An9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 326 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Italy
Originally Posted by An9 View Post
Get back to start page of this topic and read from 3)?
3) Javispedro solution for using MeeGo virtual keyboard (vkb), now the v1.2 is translucent and works with PR1.2/PR1.3. Download the new xmimd_1.2_armel.deb package to some folder (e.g., "/home/user/") in your Nokia N9/N950 and install it using the X-Terminal :
$ devel-su
type the root password, then :
# cd ~user
# dpkg -i xmimd_1.2_armel.deb
When I had Easy Debian Installed in Open Mode, I installed xmimd_1.2 but I had not translucent keyboard, but only the black opaque MeeGo keyboard.

I already installed xmimd before installing easy-deb-chroot. I reinstalled xmimd with ariadne sh and now it works!
Thank you An9 for the direction.

death_jax: Have you tried to launch LXDE using the "Debian LXDE" icon and not the "LXDE opVKB" ( = LXDE opaque vkb).
Maybe you should check that the versions of easy-chroot, xmimd and easy-deb-chroot are the most recent. In addition, maybe the image file you are using also matters.

Anyone know how to fix the arrow keys issue I mentioned earlier?
How can I fix it?

Last edited by aStrike; 2012-11-10 at 12:35.

Posts: 326 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Italy
I already installed xmimd before installing easy-deb-chroot. I reinstalled xmimd with ariadne sh and now it works!
Thank you An9 for the direction.

death_jax: Have you tried to launch LXDE using the "Debian LXDE" icon and not the "LXDE opVKB" ( = LXDE opaque vkb).
Maybe you should check that the versions of easy-chroot, xmimd and easy-deb-chroot are the most recent. In addition, maybe the image file you are using also matters.

Anyone know how to fix the arrow keys issue I mentioned earlier?
I installed the Open Mode version (the latest version) of the above software, and also with Debian LXDE the keyboard still remained opaque. Maybe was the Open Mode version?
If in the future will install again Easy Debian I will check

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by death_jax View Post
I installed the Open Mode version (the latest version) of the above software, and also with Debian LXDE the keyboard still remained opaque. Maybe was the Open Mode version?
If in the future will install again Easy Debian I will check
Both Inception and Open Mode versions of Easy Debian Harmattan have translucent vkb if xmimd_1.2 is used.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
How can I fix it?
Have you tapped the icon "FixDebImg" as cited in item 2 of "Choosing a Debian Image" ? See post #135 for details about what "FixDebImg" does.
See also FAQ #7.
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

rcolistete: First of all thanks for your efforts and contribution to this amazing project!
Now, I tapped the "FixDebImg" (when I used the debian img for the first time) and everytime I get a different result.
When I only turn the n950 on and tap the "FixDebImg" icon I get a terminal saying in red:
Warning: could not start program 'fixdebimg.sh' with arguments 'fixdebimg.sh'.
After I tap the "Debian LXDE" icon and log out of LXDE and then tapping the "FixDebImg" icon I get a terminal (text is green again) that says near the end:
.../home/userMyDocs/debian-m5-v3e-sci-2GB.img.ext2 mounted on loop0
synching the chroot...
mv: can't rename '/.debian/ usr/share/X11/xkb' :directory not empty
Updating the /etc/mtab file...
Everything set up, running chroot...
and immediately the terminal is closed.
When I open a terminal and execute "fixdebimg.sh" as root (with devel-su) it asks if aegisctl has the right credentials and then the terminal has a long list of "permission denied" and "operation not permmited" errors.
When I open a terminal and execute "/usr/sbin/aegisctl -s" and after it "fixdebimg.sh", I get a mount failure message: device or resource busy.

Any idea what I should do about it (this really important to me)?

Plus, when I tried to install some packages I found out that I can't launch a terminal in easy debian (Roxterm gives an error window saying "The new terminal's command failed to run" and LXterminal opens but when I press a key it is recognized but immediately deleted so I can't type anything) and thus can't get synaptic package manager to work. I found a workaround by running commands in the debian chroot terminal.

Last edited by aStrike; 2012-11-11 at 23:56.

After I tap the "Debian LXDE" icon and log out of LXDE and then tapping the "FixDebImg" icon I get a terminal (text is green again) that says near the end:

and immediately the terminal is closed.
When I open a terminal and execute "fixdebimg.sh" as root (with devel-su) it asks if aegisctl has the right credentials and then the terminal has a long list of "permission denied" and "operation not permmited" errors.
When I open a terminal and execute "/usr/sbin/aegisctl -s" and after it "fixdebimg.sh", I get a mount failure message: device or resource busy.

Any idea what I should do about it (this really important to me)?
I think aegisctl is not well installed in your N950 due to the error messages cited above.

So I suggest you to repeat step (B.1) of 1st post to install Inception + opensh + aegisctl.

The icon "FixDebImg" is robust : it can be tapped before or after using Easy Debian.

Plus, when I tried to install some packages I found out that I can't launch a terminal in easy debian (Roxterm gives an error window saying "The new terminal's command failed to run" and LXterminal opens but when I press a key it is recognized but immediately deleted so I can't type anything) and thus can't get synaptic package manager to work. I found a workaround by running commands in the debian chroot terminal.
Read 1st post of this topic :
"To-do / wish list for the Easy Debian Harmattan community :
- make ROXTerminal work on debian-m5-v3e.img.ext2 image;"
Your workaround is explained in details in "Using Easy Debian Harmattan", item (2).