Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Hawaii's annoyance at clutter makes more than enough sense. (Speaking of which, thanks for answering yet another of my questions, Hawaii.)

Anyway, TiagoTiago, you could download and find out pretty easily. I haven't tested to see if it's the same thing, HOWEVER, I would trust Matan. He strongly feels this should be out there without a forced donation, and I've downloaded plenty of stuff from him and/or his repository/site before, without any problems. I wouldn't doubt the legitimacy of the files at the link he put up unless there was strong evidence to believe I should.

- Edit -

Though I do think if you can donate, you should. I myself am a complete utter newb at this stuff, and am not in a that-great-for-testing-injection-dependant-things environment, but enough people have said injection is working, and anyone who really needs injection on the N900s could probably afford the donation (if you want to donate but can't because it's PayPal, well, that's understandable, and it depends on what solution you can think of). (Then there's the fact that I have no doubt a bunch of people just like the idea of free wifi access to other people's networks, so, well, think of how much all that free internet saves you in the long term.)

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-01-05 at 16:22.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dchky View Post
You don't pay the hosting bills, it was a decent enough question, on topic. It's a 140 meg download, might not matter to you but I guarantee there will be a size that does, prompting you to ask exactly the same question.
As a rule of principle - no. I don't care if he's on a 14.4 baud connection - he should use the resources available to him to find the answer.

Would you walk into a clothing store and start yelling "what is the price of these pants?". I sure as **** wouldn't, I'd physical pick up the pants and check the price tag, barring that, I would find a sales associate and ask personally ask them.

In this situation, he could have sent a PM to Matan who provided him with the link, or the other poster who posted a hosted package of it as well.

Originally Posted by Radicalz38
I'd like to assume he already got sufficient amount of donates. Else I feel sad on some way or another.
Unless all 190 people who replied to this thread, donated a minimum of 10 dollars, it's not sufficient.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Unless all 190 people who replied to this thread, donated a minimum of 10 dollars, it's not sufficient.
Well, a lot of that 190 is, you know, repeat posters. But, yeah... Damn.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-01-05 at 16:51. Reason: Typo

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
In this situation, he could have sent a PM to Matan who provided him with the link, or the other poster who posted a hosted package of it as well.
Asking me by PM the wrong way. Asking on this forum is the right way, for two reasons: other people might be interested in the answer, and other people than me might know the answer.

I usually either ignore or point to the forum people who ask me this kind of questions in private.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 309 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Malaysia
i don't have any battery issue as reported by some..the battery graph shows normal curve as the original v46..

it's pretty much the same with the v46 and v46-wl1..

it also doesn't show any network connected..unless i connect to the internet..

Thanks for posting this driver, Its going to make buying this phone a worthwhile decision.

Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
It works fine with multiboot.

First, install the bootimg package, which puts the kernel into /boot.

Then, as root, move/rename that file to:
Code:
/boot/multiboot/vmlinuz-2.6.28.10power46-wl1
Next, create the file /etc/multiboot.d/01-Maemo-2.6.28.10power46-wl1.item and put this inside:
Code:
ITEM_NAME="Maemo 2.6.28.10power46-wl1"
ITEM_KERNEL=2.6.28.10power46-wl1
ITEM_MODULES=ext3
reboot with keyboard open and choose your new kernel
Finally got round to installing this tonight.

I made it through the upgrade to Kernel power v46 and installing lxp's new modified kernel without posting but multiboot is giving me trouble.

Everything works fine apart from the standard v46 power kernel option

Heres my config:
00-Maemo-2.6.28-omap1.item
01-Maemo-kernel-power46.item
02-Maemo-2.6.28.10power46-wl1.item
11-NITDroid-mmcblk1p2-2.6.28.NIT.06.item

The only thing i did different was using 02-Maemo-2... on this
Next, create the file /etc/multiboot.d/01-Maemo-2.6.28.10power46-wl1.item
since my standard v46 was already 01

Any ideas suggestions etc would be much appreciated

(oh and i did donate, not beacuse im rich but because lxp's work deserves some reward so please donate if you can afford it) pps:mega post sorry

@mrexcess, what do u mean when u said that u go through the upgrade to Kernel Power 46?? were u running an earlier version?? Do u mean that you ran the upgrade debs before installing lxp's modified kernel into multiboot??

I'm guessing you're getting a 'req files not found' msg when u try and boot your standard power kernel now right?

i initially just tried to install the new kernel-power debs as per the readme instructions, but then my standard power 46 kernel wouldn't load. After some lengthy uninstalling and reinstallation, I;ve managed to get it working again, and back to my original settings. However upon following the earlier posted instructions for using multiboot to load lxp's custom kernel, i can't get the new custom kernel to load. multiboot runs fine, but then i get a blank screen and then it reboots back to multiboot. i'm wondering if i have to install the updated kernel-power flasher to get it to run...

Last edited by porselinaheart; 2011-01-06 at 02:32.

Originally Posted by porselinaheart View Post
@mrexcess, what do u mean when u said that u go through the upgrade to Kernel Power 46?? were u running an earlier version?? Do u mean that you ran the upgrade debs before installing lxp's modified kernel into multiboot??
Yeah it wasnt really related i just thought it was about time to update my 42 and play with hostusb etc. The power v46 worked fine untill i installed lxp's v46. Vanilla kernel works fine still.

I'm guessing you're getting a 'req files not found' msg when u try and boot your standard power kernel now right?
yep, 'required files not found' and 'press any key to panic'

i'm wondering if i have to install the updated kernel-power flasher to get it to run...
this is what im thinking, the two versions of v46 need differing flashers . . so ive managed to get both to work but cant have both available at the same time ... but im not at all sure hopefully someone better informed will step in and help us out,

we dont nessisarily need 3 maemo kernels but just in case the wl1 kernel has issues id like to have a standard power kernel to go back to, then the stock one as a last resort hehe.

Last edited by mrexcess; 2011-01-06 at 02:52.

Your multiboot entry is is clearly wrong.

Post the contents, you're missing proper syntax for the kernel, I suspect.

Tags
driver, injection, wl1251