Hey guys, is there any way to reflash the last firmware? I updated my N800 yesterday, but then I loaded a backup and I want to try a fresh update to see what happens.

Regards!

PS: I don't have any linux distro in my PC

Originally Posted by amigokin View Post
Hey guys, is there any way to reflash the last firmware? I updated my N800 yesterday, but then I loaded a backup and I want to try a fresh update to see what happens.

Regards!

just as you would flash anything else. run the tablet software update wizard again and you can have a clean slate.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by amigokin View Post

Regards!

Please do not highjack this thread start a new one with your questions.

Thank You.

Originally Posted by SeRi@lDiE View Post
Please do not highjack this thread start a new one with your questions.

Thank You.
Ups! I thought I was in another thread. With sooo many firmware related threads I got lost. My apologies!

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Mexico City, Mexico
On CNN.COM site, video seems to download but.. kind of hangs there.

Anyone experiencing troubles with watching CNN.com video on the Nokia N800 with the latest firmware upgrade installed. ?

Problem: Wifi signal strength not displayed in the status bar while connected to an adhoc network. Also within Connection Manager the only info displayed is the name of the connection and its type, in this case adhoc. When connected at a hot-spot signal strength is displayed, as normal before an otherwise painless OS flash.

Fix? TIA

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Finland
Problem:
conflict between Opera and Gmail notifyer. THey seem to freeze each other. While loading page I get "connection error" report in the notifyer ( never happened with former firmware). I have to do check inbox in notifyer to get Opera resume loading pages. I rebooted twice. Pb still here.

Solution?

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ North Carolina, US
Originally Posted by testerj View Post
tried to put the vista theme from
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ht=vista+theme

and when I download the Vista.deb file to change my theme the application manager opens and says :

Install?
Vista.deb
0 kB

I thought maybe this was a bad backup, so I reflashed it with the new OS image without any backup... and I get
"Unable to install. Installation file corrupted" But on the last previous OS it was just fine. Anyone else having problems installing downloaded files?
I encountered the same thing.

Also, the right side scroll bar missing when I view web pages.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Metalayer-crawl eat 100% of CPU, 100% of RAM, prevents from using touch screen and drain battery.

It looks like my Navicore software is hosed as well. It starts on the splash screen, goes white for a second, hits the splash again, then dies. meh.

Flash was working well for me on YouTube, though.