Notices

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Well "total" makes sense to have it by year. The name of the categories is a little bit confusing for me. could be "yearly" or sth. like thant

I have some problems with my initial setup.
I have a category named "income" where two monthly recurring budgets belong to. In the actual month (may) both budgets are correctly added. But when I choose "june 1st - june 30th" in "usage graph" it only uses one of the positive budgets.

Last edited by raily; 2010-05-11 at 17:21.

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by raily View Post
Well "total" makes sense to have it by year. The name of the categories is a little bit confusing for me. could be "yearly" or sth. like thant
no trend graph shows weekly,monthly and also yearly trends.
its mentioned here.

I have some problems with my initial setup.
I have a category named "income" where two monthly recurring budgets belong to. In the actual month (may) both budgets are correctly added. But when I choose "june 1st - june 30th" in "usage graph" it only uses one of the positive budgets.
would you show me some data.better still attach the csv file here by exporting it from the app.
Travelapp - london underground status/planner ( website )
Batlevel - desktop widget for battery level ( website )

“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Last edited by krk969; 2010-05-11 at 17:37.

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
I renamed the csv to txt to be able to attach it here.

the category is named "monatliches Einkommen". As described it does not correctly add up both budgets for june.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Datei.txt (771 Bytes, 97 views)

I renamed the csv to txt to be able to attach it here.

the category is named "monatliches Einkommen". As described it does not correctly add up both budgets for june.
thanks. Ive imported your data.
TYPE,CATEGORY,START_DATE,END_DATE,AMOUNT,RECUR_FRE Q,RECUR_PERIOD,PRORATED,DESCRIPTION,
Budget,Poker,04-05-2010,04-05-2010,76,0,Day(s),do not prorate,Livepokergewinne verlustbereinigt, ab Oktober 09
Budget,monatliches Einkommen,01-06-2010,30-06-2010,255,1,Month(s),do not prorate,Praktikum
Budget,monatliches Einkommen,01-05-2010,01-05-2010,100,1,Month(s),do not prorate,Oma
Budget,monatliches Einkommen,05-05-2010,05-05-2010,30,0,Day(s),do not prorate,Rückzahlung Esprit

the budget marked in blue is what you see in june, obvious because of the dates.
The other budget, marked in red, which I suppose you expected to see in June since its recurring, but you have marked the start/end date as 01-05-2010. You need to give a realistic end date, not a dummy date when you want it to recur.
For example you could have a budget
start date: 01-05-2010
end date : 15-08-2012
recur : 1 month

hope Ive clarified this case clearly. Let me know how it goes.

Ive put a lot of info into the website, far from perfect, but I request to have a read, and if you still find it unusable, please try and suggest to me where I can make it clear.
Its difficult with a day job but I'll be happy to help anytime you/anybody need support to make things clearer.

cheers

Last edited by krk969; 2010-05-11 at 21:53.

New version 1.0-6 available for download.

This version contains a fix for the changing user id issue which a couple of users faced. It does not seem to happen with everybody but some.
The user id was being generated from system files which should not change over time, but seems like they did for some reason for those users for example when they connected to usb.
Its never happened atleast in my case.

Ive fixed the issue by generating the user id from the IMEI now which I dont expect to change.

For those who already registered, there should be no issue, as a transitional arrangement Ive supported both keys.

In case you face any issue or have any questions feel free to mail me.

cheers.

Last edited by krk969; 2010-05-12 at 23:21.

Thanks for the update, though initially I was like "huh, it changed again?". Entered my old code and all was well.

Any chance you want to make a widget to accompany the app? Maybe it can pull a budget graph for the month or something.

Just a suggestion...

The Following User Says Thank You to eiraku For This Useful Post:
Any way this can import the data from say Mint and run locally on my N900 so that I dont need to go online to see my budgets etc ?
Would love it to use the existing data from Mint instead of me having to enter all again.

Originally Posted by eiraku View Post
Any chance you want to make a widget to accompany the app? Maybe it can pull a budget graph for the month or something.
Just a suggestion...
why not !
added to my list, I did think of a light widget for quick data entry, but this idea of yours to have a monthly (configurable) graph as a widget is a nice thought, will see if I can manage to do it without much effort and also be light on the device, since it involves lots of db queries and calculations.
thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
Any way this can import the data from say Mint and run locally on my N900 so that I dont need to go online to see my budgets etc ?
Would love it to use the existing data from Mint instead of me having to enter all again.
I think it might be possible. I visited mint.com and signed up but it didnt allow me to go ahead without a US bank account so couldnt check how it works.

Anyhow, see if you can generate a csv file from your data there.
If you could somehow make the csv data to the format acceptable to buddy then its all done. It could help if you mail me a sample csv file and I can try to suggest.

Meanwhile I can also check to see if buddy can provide some configurable way to import csv data, since each external source like mint could have their own formats.

New version 0.1-7 uploaded to the repository.

New feature added to password protect buddy.
  • by default when you start the application after upgrade the password is default so you wont be prompted.
  • You can go to the menu and click change password to set it.
  • Anytime you want to reset to default and prevent being prompted for a password, click on change password in the menu and click 'DONE' leaving the password field blank. this will reset to default.

Note : The upgrade will not affect your settings or data.

feedback welcome ! if you have any questions about the usage, feel free to contact me or you could post it here.
Attached Images

Last edited by krk969; 2010-05-15 at 11:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:

Tags
budget manager, budget planner, expense manager, money manager