Closed Thread
There's still nothing usable, it's all dev stuff atm.

There's PHP, Java and Python code (as far as I know) between us. There's no application, yet.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
@hobarrera: I understood "broadcast" so that you can send voice-messages but maybe thats my mistake (I didn't use WhatsApp anytime, I just saw it on other phones so I don't exactly know what it actually offers in the clients)
Regarding the File-Transfers: You can do File-Transfers i.e. a picture by viewing it in the gallery and then using the share-option "Share via IM". It then says in my case "only aviable with Jabber Accounts" because I don't have any activated on my phone
But I actually wounder rhight now why it is in english even though my phone is set to german and everything else is in german. Maybe I have an program installed that I don't know right now that enables this?

@OzJD: Why do you mean the Code you need to register isn't random? - If I'm not confused and we mean the same code you get this Code via an API-Call and when you call for it more than one time with the same number/imei you get different codes (as far as I now atm)

@tgalal: Can you verfiy that the phone-number you used to register the account is found as registered with an official WhatsApp Client?
That was a problem I had when registering the way I described: The registered Account wasn't found by an official client.
Maybe you need to be logged in to get found?
But great to see that you are now able to make a connection to the server!

The Following User Says Thank You to ColaCheater For This Useful Post:
The link that you provided to get the whatsapp username didn't work - not for UK anyway, I put in country code GB and my mobile number and imei and just keeps erroring.

I also tried MCC for UK (234 and 235) also didn't work.

EDIT:::::

Country code is NOT MCC but rather 44 (for UK).

Last edited by rash.m2k; 2012-02-19 at 17:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Hi guys,

I am a new member here and found this thread while searching for WhatsApp help.

I am trying to create a client in PHP, I've got the code by de-compiling the s40 version. I also configured a sniffer by using MITM attack.

I almost understood how WhatsApp connects but I am struggling in getting PHP to connect to the xmpp server.

It would be really great if anyone can help me by giving me some code snippets or some hints.

I also can help you based on your needs as much as I can.

Thanks

Originally Posted by OzJD View Post
There's still nothing usable, it's all dev stuff atm.

There's PHP, Java and Python code (as far as I know) between us. There's no application, yet.
OK, what if we convert the php code to c++ code then it would work as an application on n900
or, we can run a webpage that run the code to login and chat online over any browser on any mobile phone.

Please if anyone has the php or java code, send it to me to make some tests.
my e-mail : johnnydaou@hotmail.com

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
The link that you provided to get the whatsapp username didn't work - not for UK anyway, I put in country code GB and my mobile number and imei and just keeps erroring.

I also tried MCC for UK (234 and 235) also didn't work.

It worked for me and I got my username @s.whatsapp.net with the password.
My country code is 961.

Originally Posted by ColaCheater View Post
@OzJD: Why do you mean the Code you need to register isn't random? - If I'm not confused and we mean the same code you get this Code via an API-Call and when you call for it more than one time with the same number/imei you get different codes (as far as I now atm)
Yes, the 'code' as it's referred to in the API call, is the 3 digit verification code.
Whenever I have attempted to use it, it always provides me with the same code - dependant upon number only (MNC, MCC, etc. can be changed and you still get the same code). Can you re-check for me please?

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
Country code is NOT MCC but rather 44 (for UK).
(+)44 is correct. Did it work for you after you tried this? It will only print a password for a verified (already registered) account.

It's great to see some traction in the thread. Development is going well :-)

If anyone that's doing development is on Google+, add me on the link found on previous pages and I'll create and share a circle with all of us.

Last edited by OzJD; 2012-02-19 at 22:48.

Yep putting in 44 (no plus), worked for me just fine and got my whats app username and password.

I did try to wireshark the whatsapp traffic to no avail. FYI I used hostap (linux app) to setup my laptop as a wireless hotspot and connect the android phone to it.

Didn't pick up any traffic though for some reason - didn't spend much time on it though.

How are you looking at whatsapp traffic?

EDIT::: Just seen I only need a router to sniff traffic.

Last edited by rash.m2k; 2012-02-20 at 09:24.

Originally Posted by johnnygdaou View Post
It worked for me and I got my username @s.whatsapp.net with the password.
My country code is 961.
what is imei for iphone?
is it the same in settings-->general-->about-->IMEI?

Last edited by HSwaidan; 2012-02-20 at 10:31.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by OzJD View Post
Yes, the 'code' as it's referred to in the API call, is the 3 digit verification code.
Whenever I have attempted to use it, it always provides me with the same code - dependant upon number only (MNC, MCC, etc. can be changed and you still get the same code). Can you re-check for me please?
I didn't try it by mself up to now but because of posts like this one I thought it would be random...
In the post before the linked teamer says something about that he would have the/an algorithm. Is this correct teamer?

But even when the code is calculated, wouldn't it may be better to request it from the server? Because the original client seems to do it also...

Closed Thread

Tags
galal-t is da, kindergarten, mastar, new tmo low, shameful, tmo not cake, trollfest, whiny_girls