Notices

http://i.gizmodo.com/5172917/mobile-...for-nokia-n810

Didn't see anyone post anything on it yet. Anyone try it? I'm too busy studying for finals to go for it right now.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
seems they are focusing on the n810, so i fear they have not worked on osk support...

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
This is typed on fennec. Still a lot of work to do. Browser is unresponsive for scrollong until the page loads.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
interesting, osk actually work now, somewhat.

could not use it to enter a password tho...

kindaa fun to trow engadget at fennec to see how lomg it would take. sad to say it seemed on par with microb...

also, it seems to have noscript ported already. somewhat ironic that, imo...

Out of curiosity I installed this on my n800 (just about to attempt a reflash so am not worried about testing) but it doesn't seem to work. It's appears it doesn't fit on the screen the top navigation bar that is; sometimes can get to bookmark manager, and onscreen keyboard seemed to work.

edit - scratch that... I misinterpret the instructional images on the start page, didn't realize you had to drag the controls into view.

Last edited by chrisak; 2009-03-18 at 07:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Tear is still better, but Fennec is usable now...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Darmstadt, Germany
I tried installing it on my N810 but it always says that the installation is broken but can be updated. when i try to update it, it alwas say that the installation is not possible. Any thoughts on that?

EDIT: Forget it, I obviously didnt have enough space left as some other app used it all to store its data

Last edited by branitar; 2009-03-18 at 12:30.

Does anyone know where to change the mime type to change the default browser for links?

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
This is typed on fennec. Still a lot of work to do. Browser is unresponsive for scrollong until the page loads.
I have the same problem with the default browser.

So far I've been unable to enter a password because the shift key isn't recognized nor can I enter any text using the onscreen keyboard.