Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
"They can also [...] sell it for $12. That's what, two movie tickets?"

Two movie tickets for $12? I appreciate the article is nearly a year old, but come on, where could you get two cinema tickets for $12? I do not remember the last time I spent less than £10 ($14) on a single ticket. Is going to the cinema really that much cheaper on the other side of the pond?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
well, it's taht cheap on the other side of EU also. But I would gladly take your ticket price and your avg salary

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
I concour, also the keypad is printed totally different to HMD with differrent font type and symbols.
Well, bummer, Nokia went with KaioOS (a.k.a. ex AOSP, ex Firefox).
(whatever that is)

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2018-02-27 at 11:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Wouldn't it be surprising that a company built by former Nokia employees demonstrates their OS on a counterfeit Nokia device in a professional mobile trade show? I mean, I understand that their story with Nokia is a rocky road, but showing a counterfeit phone in a demonstration stand in one of the biggest mobile congresses would be bold.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Fake 3310 Nokia

https://www.phonearena.com/news/This...-of-it_id94283

https://techprolonged.com/2017/05/no...ginal-vs-fake/

If it was the real one i would be happy
It's not too bad that it runs on a fake 3310 in the demo; the specs on that device are somewhat lower which means it should run really smooth on the real thing then

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Wouldn't it be surprising that a company built by former Nokia employees demonstrates their OS on a counterfeit Nokia device in a professional mobile trade show? I mean, I understand that their story with Nokia is a rocky road, but showing a counterfeit phone in a demonstration stand in one of the biggest mobile congresses would be bold.
Well that's why the labels have been striped off, duh?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
But I mean, labels or not, there is no way they can get away with it if they use a counterfeit device in this kind of event full or professionals and media, including people from Nokia. Obviously people will notice that it's not a genuine Nokia phone, nor a random feature phone either. I'm not sure what good it can do, and why not choosing a random feature phone instead if they couldn't get the partnership (or compatibility) with the genuine 3310.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Almost sprayed a mouthful of coffee all over my desk! Lol
Have you guys seen or used the Iphone X gestures? I believe i have seen that somewhere...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
The iPhone is what you need.
Getting an iPhone for a six year old kid? Isn't that a bit overkill?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
"They can also [...] sell it for $12. That's what, two movie tickets?"

Two movie tickets for $12? I appreciate the article is nearly a year old, but come on, where could you get two cinema tickets for $12? I do not remember the last time I spent less than £10 ($14) on a single ticket. Is going to the cinema really that much cheaper on the other side of the pond?
If the "where" in your post is not limited to Europe, well, in more than half the landmass of the world I guess.

The Following User Says Thank You to lal For This Useful Post: