Poll: How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB
Poll Options
How much would you be willing to pay for a Neo900 (complete device) with TI DM3730 1GHz/512M-RAM/1GB

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by genes View Post
any christmas update?
The liitle white rabbit will bring your Neo device just in time on christmas eve.
You just got to believe...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Geez Peter!
REALLY!
Of course their is a Santa Claus!!!
(him and I are on a personal basis...he calls me Paul and I call him Sanity Clause)

I used to be a disbeliever ...
But the last few years ...I reaffirmed my belief in Santa Claus...
tell you why and give you irrefutable proof too...
same time..

See...
I used to believe in the Tooth Fairy ,
Easter Bunny,
Santa Claus....

all of them...

then I grew up...
rather ...
I "thought" I grew up...
and I started believing in other things...
Like..
the Neo...

Now...
years later...
I took a real hard look..
and...
I have reaffirmed my belief in Santa Claus and ALLLLLL the rest of my childhood legends...

Because ...

the Tooth Fairy ...
always comes through with the quarter under the pillow...

The Easter Bunny ...
always comes through ...Every year with out fail... with Easter eggs...

and Santa Claus......Every year without fail ...manages to get those presents I always hoped for....under the tree...

I gave up hoping on the impossible... the fanciful stories and tall tales of a magical successor to the n900...

Now I see THAT is completely ridiculous...and juvenile... and wishful thinking...

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by genes View Post
any christmas update?
The most recent ublog posting on the neo900.org site is a Christmas update. Christmas 2016.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
The liitle white rabbit will bring your Neo device just in time on christmas eve.
Of which year?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Of which year?
I did not dare to specify!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Someone has obviously been missing their meds recently.

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
For convenience...

15:04 <sn0wmonster> Hi everyone, sorry for the prolonged wait on the news. Some of you may have heard that there was a series of unfortunate events, but if not, I'll give some details here for clarity.
15:04 <sn0wmonster> Firstly, while metacollin had been officially added to the project and was making great strides in his duties, a loss in the family saw him taking personal time and the period of time in which he would be gone was unclear. He recently returned to let us know the situation and we're confident we can begin again directly.
15:06 <sn0wmonster> Secondly, our BDFL Joerg has also been suffering from health issues throughout the project's life as far as I can tell, and was in much need of some time to himself to avoid the situation getting any worse. I am sure he will be back soon after his short sabbatical. This is completely independent of metacollin's current leave of absence.
15:08 <sn0wmonster> Thirdly, my professional experiences are not in the hardware development industry, but rather in PR and business. To me, posting news on the public facing website that "there is nothing to report" is not the right way to run a project, and something unofficial (like this IRC statement) is sufficient to explain without plastering everyone's personal lives all over the internet for all eternity. Joerg and I disagree in this and he has been
15:08 <sn0wmonster> asking me nicely to post a new update regardess. My lack of interest in doing so is on me, not him. If you have any issues with the lack of news (Not progress), I am the one to blame.
15:10 <sn0wmonster> Now that all of that is out of the way, know that the next *planned* news posting was intended to be an explanation of metacollin's current workas well as the funding drive for the new developments, but as both of our key people are away at the moment, me posting a news article akin to a motivational poster of a kitten hanging on a tree entitled "Hang in there" is a bit disingenuous in my opinion and I'd rather keep this on IRC until we're
15:10 <sn0wmonster> ready to actually move forward at full speed.
15:12 <sn0wmonster> Lastly, my own personal life has become quite hectic as I have taken a job with PIA in a capacity of quality control and we're currently in a massive transition. This on top of my own FOSS project devotion has made posting news for Neo900 a "content or otherwise" proposition (that is to say, if there is no meat to cook, I am finding it increasingly difficult to go into the kitchen anymore).
15:14 <sn0wmonster> Neo900 is a project that I strongly believe in on principle, despite my criticisms of the price points, moderness of hardware, or constant uphill battle any hardware project has, unless I'm booted or asked to step down, I'll continue supporting Joerg and Neo900 in any way I can. I appreciate the patience from everyone and I know we're all here for the same reason -- with or without neo900, we demand control of our own privacy and hardware.
15:15 <sn0wmonster> If anyone has a special request or wants to discuss this, openly, in this channel is probably the best way to do it. Other than that, I will post a news article when metacollin returns to full capacity as until then, there is nothing much to talk about as no ones intentions have changed in the slighest.
15:17 <atk> sn0wmonster: do you take donations?
15:17 <atk> To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with posting a short statement (like the above) to the website.
15:18 <sn0wmonster> atk, could you clarify the question? Do you mean does Neo900 take donations? or am I the one handlign donations?
15:18 <atk> no, do you take personal donations
15:18 <sn0wmonster> atk, to me, I see something wrong with posting it because it's not news. It's posting about a lack of news.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
About a year ago I was complaining about the neo900 beeing already too old platform to be sufficient in everyday use. Now I can see, that project didn't take a single step forward. We, as our dreams stuck on the neo900 beeing the best device you can have is floading away.

Now I realized that waiting for device that gone too far in the dreams and ideology is pointless. What can I say? I'm still using all maemo devices platforms with joy, don't care about a super-fantastic reincarnation.

Now I know why nokia project died, because it was too far in the future. \Neo900 brought me to the past and n900 is still better device that neo900 ever will be. We all need to accept that.

Now we can focus on PostMarketOS, but I don't want to be sceptic, but the project will die sooner that neo900 did.

I'm very dissapoited about neo900, but what can I say? It is already in the past. It's not worth my patientce. It is not worth a single dolar.

Last edited by Ridd92; 2018-01-17 at 20:53.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Ridd92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
[moderator's note] Ridd92, please delete this duplicate of #3010 post to improve S/N ratio of the thread. thanks! [/moderator's note]

About a year ago I wos complaining about the neo900 beeing already too old platform to be sufficient in everyday use. Now I can see, that project didn't take a single step forward. We, as our dreams stuck on the neo900 beeing the best device you can have is floading away.

Now I realized that waiting for device that gone too far in the dreams and ideology is pointless. What can I say? I'm still using all maemo devices platforms with joy, don't care about a super-fantastic reincarnation.

Now I know why nokia project died, because it was too far in the future. \Neo900 brought me to the past and n900 is still better device that neo900 ever will be. We all need to accept that.

Now we can focus on PostMarketOS, but I don't want to be sceptic, but the project will die sooner that neo900 did.

I'm very dissapoited about neo900, but what can I say? It is already in the past.

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2018-01-25 at 14:53.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ridd92 For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, thank you!