Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I'm not giving him a hard time, not sure what gave you that impression.
But I do agree with many elements of your post.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-21 at 00:51.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I'm not giving him a hard time, not sure what gave you that impression.
But I do agree with many elements of your post.
Nobody's giving me a hard time... It's my N9 that's doing so!!!!

Nope, the problem is not the operator... I'm in São Paulo, I use CLARO operator, used my chip in my sister's Iphone4 the whole afternoon. Guess what? 3g works beautifully...

Later today I tried using my N9 with connection on all the time (only 3g). I went out, tried surfing on the internet, checked my email several times, it seemed that once the 3g was on all the time the signal wouldn't be interrupted and therefore it wouldn't just vanish...

For about 4 hours it worked just fine... Nonetheless, to my fruestration I just got back home and guess what? The 3g has disappeared from the list again...

Well, I'll read it all very carefully tomorrow (it's 3:40am now) and if I have the guts I'll try the developer's mode... Although I am sure it'd be much easier if I could send my N9 to one of you guys by UPS and maybe you could have it fixed for me...

If it works I'll post it here, if I never get back here it will mean I'll have surrendered to the dark side of the force by purchasing an iphone4s...

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Brazil
After changing setting to connected on background everything's just fine!

Thanks for the support guys!

The Following User Says Thank You to Cmitono For This Useful Post:
We need to give devs feedback in that report if possible, it's an elusive issue.
Next time it happens we need to grab the logging they want us to grab.
If we can work out how to reproduce it whenever we want, even better!

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Issue present in PR1.2 as well - just had an occurence of it. My default browser was not able to open any pages, twitter and RSS feed were not updating, although I was receiving e-mails OK and also browsing using Opera mobile. Running as root:
Code:
/sbin/initctl restart xsession/icd2
solved it immediately.

So this bug still open.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
Issue present in PR1.2 as well - just had an occurence of it. My default browser was not able to open any pages, twitter and RSS feed were not updating, although I was receiving e-mails OK and also browsing using Opera mobile. Running as root:
Code:
solved it immediately.

So this bug still open.
Thanks for sharing! Be sure to share with the devs in the report
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=126

Hi everyone,
I have the same problem from the beginning (3 months now). I can add a few details:
i have nothing wrong with wi-fi*: even when 3g doesn't work, i can still connect to wifi
when 3g doesn't work, after i try using an app requiring it, the battery drains very quickly (the whole battery in 4-5 hours maybe). so if i don't want to reboot directly, i switch to plane mode, and when i quit this mode, the name of my operator does not appear, it is clear i cannot receive or send any phone call or sms.

and doing this doesn't change anything for me*:
Does it really work for everyone but me ?

this is really a major problem. a smartphone without the internet is rather useless.

Thanks for your help in any case

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
@matt01: I had the exact same problem yesterday with PR1.2. Restarting icd2 didn't helped too, which had helped me before.

Also noticable: at first the signal strength indicator remained at max, which couldn't be the case as I was traveling through a known low coverage area. Enabling/disabling flight mode or forcing 2G/3G didn't help. Eventually I also simply got the "no signal" indicator, which couldn't be correct either.

I haven't looked at power usage, so I can't confirm that. Also, I didn't try to remove/replace the sim, which might have reseted something. A reboot did solve it.

One detail I have noticed that may help to solve the issue:
* the problem never occurs when i connect to the internet in 2.5, it only happens when the figure is 3 or 3.5. so a way to solve for now would be to force to connect in 2.5, and only once connected switch to 3g or 3.5.

also it has worked a lot better recently, cannot really figure out why …

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@matt01
I rarely use 3G(use my device on 2.5G normally) and get connection issue several times a month. So your observation I doubt to be general.