Posts: 296 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Manchester
I have an amazing idea for an application for the n900.

An app which enables the n900 to take a 360 degree picture then gives the option to crop at 3200 x 480 and slices that image into 4.

oila u have ure own loopable desktop.

I can't wish to do this myself as i can't code anything to save my life!

Good look dev's!

Last edited by qgil; 2009-10-29 at 07:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anwarboy11 For This Useful Post:
And the 360 degree picture would be taken how? The camera only captures less than 180 deg, so you would need to snap at least 3 pictures, assemble them and then crop into 4 parts. Also, i doubt lots of people would be using that, so i don't know if it's worth the effort of writing such an app, compared to simply taking x pictures and pasting & cutting manually

The Following User Says Thank You to MrGrim For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MrGrim View Post
And the 360 degree picture would be taken how? The camera only captures less than 180 deg, so you would need to snap at least 3 pictures, assemble them and then crop into 4 parts. Also, i doubt lots of people would be using that, so i don't know if it's worth the effort of writing such an app, compared to simply taking x pictures and pasting & cutting manually
Well yh the idea was you take more than one picture, similar to the panoramic options on all cameraphones, then get the app to crop and cut automatically

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anwarboy11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
So basically a photostich application. Definitely a cool idea, especially if you can link the first image with the last. Problem would be how level you can keep the camera as you spin around.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nelson L. Squeeko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
So basically a photostich application. Definitely a cool idea, especially if you can link the first image with the last. Problem would be how level you can keep the camera as you spin around.
Thats up to the person taking the picture really......
But in general it would be nothing perfect just something to make some desktops from pictures uve taken

The Following User Says Thank You to Anwarboy11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Ummm... do you care to make a Brainstorm proposal out of this? If not the thread will need to be relocated...

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Ummm... do you care to make a Brainstorm proposal out of this? If not the thread will need to be relocated...
Im new to the forum, wasnt sure where to locate it.....

The Following User Says Thank You to Anwarboy11 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Anwarboy11 View Post
Well yh the idea was you take more than one picture, similar to the panoramic options on all cameraphones, then get the app to crop and cut automatically
Automatic panorama stitching can be done on a mobile phone, and it looks very impressive. See here:

http://studierstube.icg.tu-graz.ac.a..._ar/panomt.php

We need someone (the original devs or someone from the Maemo community) to write a similar app for the N900!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Otaku For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
My idea (at the Summit) was this:

1. Take first photo and it slides to the left, but leaves the right-most edge of the photo visible on the left side of the screen.
2. Line second photo up with first photo (live, on-camera) and take photo. This photo then slides over.
3. Etc.

Do this four times, or a thousand. Easy and wouldn't require (much) "stitching."

Tim

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Nokia N86 has a wide-angle Carl Zeiss Tessar lens for panoramic pictures, with a panorama capture mode. While the N900 doesn't have a wide-angle lens, I think a panorama mode would be a possibility, since it's solely a software-based feature, just like editing pictures.

The Following User Says Thank You to c0rt3x For This Useful Post: