Just curious if anyone has purchased or knows someone who has purchased an N9 recently(last month-ish) from either an Amazon or Ebay seller and received a phone with PR1.2 installed. I'm sick to death of auto completion working like crap, as well as my user dictionary being deleted after ever reboot. Would prefer 64 gig variant, but I would be willing to downgrade to 16!

While I'm on the subject of annoyances from my N9, any one have a solution to the browser randomly crashing all open web pages with the "could not open page" showing on all the pages?

Hope somebody can be of help, love my N9, just wish I could get one with PR1.2! Thanks in advance!

The Following User Says Thank You to HelloEverybody For This Useful Post:
http://www.expansys.com.hk/nokia-n9-...k-64gb-224375/

from HK. I haven't purchase anything from it though so decision is yours

I guess using SwipeManager correctly would be another bonus. Or did that stop working properly after PR1.1 already? I mean it still works on PR1.3 but the lag is terrible and makes me not use it.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
For the browser I simply installed the pr1.2 grob packages using aegis export origin. You could do the same for other packages you have issues with and enjoy a hybrid device

Note: I did the above a long time ago (>6months) and don't have access to my N9 now so I'm not sure whether i modified mp-harmattan's dependencies too... Experiment and enjoy

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
where is your N9?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
where is your N9?
Both my N9s' usb ports are screwed hence I can't charge them

This is the one thing I won't miss of Nokia (my n8 had the same issue)

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Last thursday I got one.
Didn't hesitate to upgrade to 1.3 (I recalled something about poor radio & battery performance long ago)
More info here
The one I got was labelled as 'Made in Finland' and the paper manuals were only in Suomi!

Good luck!

@thedead1440

I'm extremely interested in learning more about installing packages from pr1.2 onto my pr1.3 device. I'm not really sure about where to begin figuring out how to do that, though. Where can I find a list of packages from pr1.2? How would I go about downloading the packages? If I could replace all packages related to text input/word dictionary files I would be absolutely ecstatic. Also, were you able to notice much of a difference with the pr1.2 web browser grob package compared to the pr1.3 browser? My main issue with web is the annoyingly often crashes with "could not load page". Any threads with relevant information? I searched a few times with no real luck.Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks to everyone else for your input as well!

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pasko View Post
The one I got was labelled as 'Made in Finland' and the paper manuals were only in Suomi!
Not OT but..
Now when you are close to finnish you might want to know what your forum name means in finnish.

[spoiler]It means sh*t [/spoiler]

Ps. I know spoilers wont work here.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Now I know why the username was free when I registered !!

Just curious - and also OT - (I suppose there are many finnish around here). Google translate for **** is paska.
Does it make any difference?

Regards.