i have a problem : my photos have 0 bytes
it says empty file ,
downgraded cameraui , reboot=same thing
blesn is working
videorecording from standard cameraui is also working
any hints how to fix this ?
thank you

later edit: fixed =etc/gdigicam/

Last edited by Alecsandru; 2013-03-15 at 21:20.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alecsandru For This Useful Post:
I was on the trip this weekend and because of heavy rain during the day, I left my camera and used N900 to take some photos.
It was first time when I used N900 camera for so long time and continuous shooting (previously using it mainly for quick MMS shots) and it was total disaster.

It`s the most bugged, least stable piece of software in the whole CSSU.

It takes too much time to start, is slow and often unresponsive but ok - I can live with it. The biggest problem is, that it regularly freezes with taken photo preview. It looks like it can`t save it and hangs completely. It can`t take 10 photos in a row without, sometimes even less. After that I must close camera app (takes time), wait until 100% cpu usage stops (takes time) and re-launch it (takes time). Very frustrating experience.

It seriously needs some more development time.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to artpra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...those freezes i can ACK. For me it happens mostly after 2-3 photos.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Confirming, it happens here too. No idea how to help debugging it, as it's quite random, but I'm willing to help, if developers have any ideas.

I'm still keeping with camera-ui replacement, due to manual focus control, RAWs, 720p video recording, keyboard shortcuts, etc... But I must agree, that doing some continuous photo "sessions" is quite frustrating.

/Estel

// edit

Originally Posted by artpra View Post

It takes too much time to start, is slow and often unresponsive but ok - I can live with it.
Those things doesn't happen here.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I wonder if tracker has anything to do with it. I have also experienced slow starts and random freezes and crashes in the camera application. Now I have temporarily disabled tracker and made a few test pictures with no ill effects at all. Not enough to make the experiment conclusive though.

Edit: If there turns out to be a connection after all, perhaps the camera app could disable tracker while the lens cover is open. eh...?

Last edited by pichlo; 2013-04-29 at 15:02.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
for me it seems to be tracker issue. when i take a picture using BlessN900 it becomes really slow as tracker automatically starts itself to do its job. but when i disable automatic watching there are no slow downs. I haven't tested camera-ui as its picture quality is low and it keeps picture quality to only 85%. Will check today camera-ui and will report back.

But i strongly believe that its tracker which is causing slow downs.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by artpra View Post
I was on the trip this weekend and because of heavy rain during the day, I left my camera and used N900 to take some photos.
It was first time when I used N900 camera for so long time and continuous shooting (previously using it mainly for quick MMS shots) and it was total disaster.

It`s the most bugged, least stable piece of software in the whole CSSU.

It takes too much time to start, is slow and often unresponsive but ok - I can live with it. The biggest problem is, that it regularly freezes with taken photo preview. It looks like it can`t save it and hangs completely. It can`t take 10 photos in a row without, sometimes even less. After that I must close camera app (takes time), wait until 100% cpu usage stops (takes time) and re-launch it (takes time). Very frustrating experience.

It seriously needs some more development time.
even i had the same problem.. i recently found out switching off the preview of image(show captured image-NO) will give u a better performance.. it occasionaly lags(1%) but its far better than before.. its very quick.. try that out..

The Following User Says Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
IIRC tracker is disabled at least during capture of videos in CAMUI2.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
No quality capping please

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
I have no problems with camera-ui which was installed as part of CSSU-Testing 7.2. Well, no regular ones. Yes, Preview-Photograph-After-Capturing-It is turned off - I often attempt to photograph a bird, or something else as fleeting, and I want to make several shots of it, quickly, before the bird flew away.
And I attempt to reduce the number of files indexed by the tracker. Tracker doesn't need to know about sound files recorded by recaller, or about image files included in the dictionaries - by the way, I have to find out why all these dictionary programs don't display these images within dictionary articles.
The photograph still is blurry, but it's fault of the bird which doesn't allow humans to approach it, and of the optics which are not as good as human's eye. Well - the human eyes have been made better by centuries of evolution.
Best wishes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle