Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
According to lastu, they have sent the cases to jolla. Maybe they are in tiniest corner of some Chinese warehouse.

(maybe they will send one to dave999 for christmas!)

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
It would be ironic if the lastu case fit my Galaxy Tab Pro which has the Jolla launcher running on it!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Topic is "Future of Jolla's Tablet" and yet there are 107 people that haven't bought tablet, 6 of them that never heard of it and other "kamikaze" who jumped into this thread to happily troll other people and glorify Jolla's achievement. I cannot believe my eyes... I am trying still to figure it out. Are you on Jolla's pay list or you are so f*** up that you enjoy mocking other people that are still waiting for tablet/refund?
Or perhaps you have some sick fetish, so this is the only way to "get you off"...

Last edited by prometheus; 2015-12-14 at 23:02.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
What's the link to your blog?

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
I am trying still to figure it out.
Sad to read.
That whole matter seems to really bug you.

1. Most of us are cool & calm because there are still chances to recieve the Tablets and have official support. In this special situation one measure to assure the slightes possibility of this happening, is not to shout all over da frickin intanet like someone already stole your weed. Or question the sanity of your fellows like above.

2. Parse many if not all things written here with your sarcasm glasses on.
Most of the people are sure quite unhappy with the situation and choose to express theyr feelings with a big portion of gallows humor. That mostly comes from having "exprience" with this kind of situations.

3. Yes, from all we know it is truly possible our "recently" invested ~200-300€ go down with the ship because of euphemistic management operations.
But is that really worth spending a huge amount of precious lifetime you could use to evolve personally into trying impropable chances to teach others lessons they will possibly not even get. meeh.

4. I am waiting on two maxed out tablets and can say even in worst case i already have paid much more in life to gain single valubale lessons comparable to not put all my money on one horse, like in this case.

In sincere hope you get over it or regain your mood in case of very late delivery.

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
@ prometheus
these "107 people that haven't bought tablet.."
I assume you are taking these stats from what?...
the poll at the page top?
It is a poll...
not mandatory....
so saying ..I'm sure there are many more who got one and many more who did not.
Also please understand...there is also an underlying current (however small or great) of maemoans upset still by the fact that Jolla has subforums here at all ..for many reasons. And I cannot dismiss them as being invalid. On the other hand...increasingly...it is apparent our community will be giving safe habour to this 3-headed step child ...and tentatively I am in agreement to this ...they are maemo's cousin...and as such I don't wish to see any alternative to the Powers (droid, icrap, etc) fall flaming into the abyss to be lost forever.

Lastly..
I think you are missing a category...
the "kamikaze-happy-trolling-sick-fetishist-who-wants-to-watch-the-world-burn."

prometheus I do suggest chillaxin'..
enhancing your calm...
pull out the hot-air popcorn maker...
sit back and watch the show (rather than add to it and become part of the show.....I mean ...How can anyone simultaneously rant and eat popcorn?? ..can't be done...one is either a spectator ..or one is waltzing on the dance floor...one cannot do both....)
for I'm guessing the show isn't over just yet.
hmm..speaking of...
Where is marxian?
he should be here by now with the popcorn...

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Last edited by endsormeans; 2015-12-15 at 01:31.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
i mean ...how can anyone simultaneously rant and eat popcorn?? ..can't be done
Attached Images

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
For the record, I am one of the 6 who never heard of it. Never heard of it in time to place an order, that is, or I probably would have done. I might still buy one on future if Jolla survives.

I have a Jolla phone.

There's lots of stuff in this thread about the future of Jolla in general, and I would love to see them ship the tablets (the two are obvioisly linked). In fact most of the thread is about the future of Sailfish if you discount Dave's noise.

Everyone else is having a polite and interesting discussion. Go and start a rage thread if you want, nobody will read it!

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
The problem with the poll is that the thread title has changed after Jolla's trouble and the discussion has moved on to the future of Jolla, not just it's tablet.

I'm in the 107 who didn't buy the tablet and wasn't even tempted to do so. I already had a beta product and no desire for another. I bought a Sony tablet the same week after the Jolla tablet launch figuring I'd use the Sony while Jolla fixed bugs. A few months later I also bought a Sony phone replacing the Jolla for a trip where I needed something more robust, waterproof, smaller and reliable. I'm still using the Sony and not the Jolla realising I'd missed so many things which simply don't work on the Jolla.

That doesn't mean we're here to troll users who did buy a Jolla tablet. No. I find it more bizarre that some people want to sue Jolla or demand a tablet now. The important thing now is what is going to happen to Jolla and the OS, not the tablet.

But frankly, it's not in our control. Why get stressed about it?

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
I'm on the side that wants Jolla to find another investor to get that ship upright again, so they can pay their staff, send us some tablets and get that Intex adaptation finished. In that order.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund