Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
files on dropbox updated. i forgot to change depends from 2.6 to match 2.7 available in repo so any python-all-* package wouldn't install.

tested in scratchbox. installed all but *-dbg packages. all seem to work correctly having tried rebuilding themselves, mussorgsky and running any files in /usr/bin in each package. little more and i'd be prepared to test on device.

prior to install of python2.7, directory in /usr/lib didn't exist. afterwards any file in /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages that are managed by pycentral (type: pycentral list) are now in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages. Mussorgsky, for some reason, doesn't appear in the list for either! I've downloaded python-cairo and mutagen (random choice) to see if I can find some reasoning. I've also got a different packaging script to try.
You mean that the /usr/lib/python2.7 directory appeared only after installing python2.7 and not before?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
yeah. its the reason i chose to test in my x86 target because armel and thumb had it installed from microbe work. when i'm at pc i can do another test on it, but there may be a difference in the way /opt is dealt with in scratchbox. if it is just pycentral managed files it might be a fault with the packages. Looking into XB/XS-Python.. line in control file next along with build instructions in rules.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Well, I installed it on-device, and modrana launches. Hope it survives after a reboot.

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Well, I installed it on-device, and modrana launches.
Make sure you explicitly launch it with Python 2.7:

Code:
python2.7 /opt/modrana/modrana.py -u GTK -d n900
The normal startup script just runs it with the"python" command, which might still be Python 2.5 I guess ?

Also see the log on stdout just to be sure, there should be something like:

Code:
INFO :  == modRana Starting ==
INFO :   version 49.4
INFO :   Python 2.7.5
So you can tell which version of Python has modRana been started with.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
I was testing the non-2.7 packages atm

Installed python2.7 from wazrus. python2.7 works ok. Importing mutagen works. Modrana needs pygtk and gtk. osso gives

Code:
>>> import osso
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/opt/python27/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/osso/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from context import Context
ImportError: No module named context
I'm rebooting in a moment. If my N900 survives, it's time to push stuff to the repos

/edit: it did survive.

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Removed python-mutagen from the list.

These:

Code:
    python-hildon: 2.5 (['install', 'ok', 'installed'])
    python-configobj: all (['install', 'ok', 'installed'])
    python-cairo: 2.5 (['install', 'ok', 'installed'])
    python-numeric: 2.5 (['install', 'ok', 'installed'])
    python-gst0.10: 2.5 (['install', 'ok', 'installed'])
    python-numpy: 2.5 (['install', 'ok', 'installed'])
    python-imaging: 2.5 (['install', 'ok', 'installed'])
    python-pygame: 2.5 (['install', 'ok', 'installed'])
    python-location: 2.5 (['install', 'ok', 'installed'])
Need to be made >=2.5 or all

i'm not sure how to limit install of modules to one specific version. I have XS/XB-Python-Version params set in control but it still keeps generating 2.7 as well. I found export DH_PYCENTRAL=nomove at top of rules file does the job, mussorgsky pyc and pyo file now only exists for 2.5 but egg.info file now doesn't exist.

python-cairo/py2cairo support for 2.5 goes in a later version. there is a patch to make compatible with 2.5 around 1.8.4, when 2.6 was rolled out. might be able to get this to work for 2.5 and 2.7. also it appears to drop pycentral for pysupport at some stage according to changelog. i should be able to find and examine later.

unfortunately, despite having a decent web connection here at the moment i can't start looking at pysupport yet. forgot cable and still haven't worked around bluez5 on laptop dropping obex yet.

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
i'm not sure how to limit install of modules to one specific version. I have XS/XB-Python-Version params set in control but it still keeps generating 2.7 as well. I found export DH_PYCENTRAL=nomove at top of rules file does the job, mussorgsky pyc and pyo file now only exists for 2.5 but egg.info file now doesn't exist.

python-cairo/py2cairo support for 2.5 goes in a later version. there is a patch to make compatible with 2.5 around 1.8.4, when 2.6 was rolled out. might be able to get this to work for 2.5 and 2.7. also it appears to drop pycentral for pysupport at some stage according to changelog. i should be able to find and examine later.

unfortunately, despite having a decent web connection here at the moment i can't start looking at pysupport yet. forgot cable and still haven't worked around bluez5 on laptop dropping obex yet.
I think we should leave pysupport alone. It's deprecated anyway. What about looking at python-osso and python-mutagen? They have pycentral version all and >= 2.5

i did take a quick look at mutagen but I'm trying to isolate versions at the moment. all and >=2.5 are only ok if they still work with 2.7 and 2.5. in some cases it may mean a different version is needed for each which is what I want to tackle now rather than hit a problem later. pysupport doesn't need the XB section for each package so may provide a solution to this problem.

really i'd like to find a dh_python2 written in python2.

I'll build dh-python as soon as I have python3-defaults (it's required to build dh-python). So please pester Aapo to port it as he ported the standalone python3.2 and iirc has a working 3.4.