I had led-less package there. Now I hope everything is in order. The package with the led is in fnlockled/ and the package without led is in n900/.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Aha, mystery solved! I'm happy it wasn't me goofing around just for once :-)
Will re-download and re-install just for the sake of it...

Hi all,
People in this thread seem to know a lot about the maemo keyboard and hildon-input-method packages.

I am trying to make an auto replace/correct addition, for IM.
For instance:
" xD " = "I love you"
" bb " = "Bye Bye"
" myaddress " = "62 Hell's st., Heaven"
" mysig " = "Firstname Lastname"
etc.

I noticed that the hildon-input-method, has a source file named hildon-im-ui.
I am not familiar with the hildon framework so much, and it would be a great time saver if you could recommend to which function should I monitor the pressed keys in order to do so.

In addition, can I compile only the hildon-input-method package, and install it and it will override the current binary?

Thanks in advance,

NBD

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Any idea how one can go about building a virtual keyboard that uses harmattan UI framework?
Also what event do I need to listen to in order to replace the current virtual keyboard with on of my own?

manjiri,
I don't know about harmatan,
but i think you should create your own virtual keyboard and load it to the "finger" configuration.
You can check the link below for references:

This is a link for a project of replacing the virtual keyboard with a handwriting recognition software. The source can be found there as well:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/shownot...elease_id=3531

Hope it helped.

NBD

The Following User Says Thank You to lasergun For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Originally Posted by lasergun View Post
manjiri,
I don't know about harmatan,
but i think you should create your own virtual keyboard and load it to the "finger" configuration.
You can check the link below for references:

This is a link for a project of replacing the virtual keyboard with a handwriting recognition software. The source can be found there as well:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/shownot...elease_id=3531

Hope it helped.

NBD
Thanks a bunch lasergun. I'll chk it out.

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by delaroca View Post
The "Compose" key is defined in the rx-51 kbd configuration as "Fn + Ctrl". But that presently triggers the supplementary virtual keyboard... I don't see how the wonderful array of key combinations spelled in the above file actually work. Am I missing something?
I was mentioning dead keys (e.g. dead acute accent), not the Compose key. One can already bind dead keys, to Fn-arrow (left, right, up, down) for instance. So, currently, I can type Fn-Left + e to get é. The question was: where is the "dead-accute + e" to é mapping defined (in order to be able to define mappings for other combinations)? I think this is under the same file as for the Compose key, but I'm not sure, and I haven't tried yet.

Hi all,

I just wanted to mention that I opened a new project for the Autotext thingy I previously mentioned.

I will be happy if any could help.

Project page:
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/autotext

For now I only uploaded the hildon-input-method sources for them to be altered.

Thanks,

NBD

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
I've been mapping my keys as these forums and the wiki suggest, but I find that I cannot make Tab or Delete work. Tab sometimes works (e.g., in vi) but it won't do tab-completion in x-term. Delete just prints strange characters.

Can anyone give me advice/help on this? I use tab completion and del quite a bit.

Bruce

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by BruceL View Post
I've been mapping my keys as these forums and the wiki suggest, but I find that I cannot make Tab or Delete work.
Some keys cannot be remapped as expected. Probably a bug. I don't know about Tab and Delete, though.

Originally Posted by BruceL View Post
Tab sometimes works (e.g., in vi) but it won't do tab-completion in x-term. Delete just prints strange characters
You can type
Code:
cat > /dev/null
in the terminal, and see what character sequences you get when you type Tab or Delete. Note: you may need to type Ctrl-V before the key, otherwise some keys (typically Delete, unless it no longer works) will be interpreted in a special way.

Some keys may also generate a different sequence under applications that use the application mode (such as vi?). For that, you need to test under the tack utility (select n f k in the menus). But unfortunately, tack isn't available on the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to vinc17 For This Useful Post: