Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City

I remember reading here on the maemo forum something about the Nokia N900 and the Moto Droid running on the same kernel . . . my question is how hard would it be to get Meego running on the Droid . . . and has anyone tried it ????

I have a moto droid with a bad esn i use for listening to music and wifi internet browsing . . . I wouldn't mind being a beta tester

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by mrebanza View Post

I remember reading here on the maemo forum something about the Nokia N900 and the Moto Droid running on the same kernel . . . my question is how hard would it be to get Meego running on the Droid . . . and has anyone tried it ????

I have a moto droid with a bad esn i use for listening to music and wifi internet browsing . . . I wouldn't mind being a beta tester
maybe u should ask this in meego forum If i remember correct I heard something about what u ask there or maybe it was in the meego developer mailing list. not sure..

Same kernel version doesn't mean anything. There are probably different modifications for each model. Also, meego uses much newer kernel .

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Same kernel version doesn't mean anything. There are probably different modifications for each model. Also, meego uses much newer kernel .
How would you start porting Meego for the Moto Droid ?

I am far from an expert . . . so PLEASE correct me if im wrong . . . but linux kernel takes care of the drives and "Meego" or "Android" is just the window manager RIGHT???????

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
No MeeGo is a distribution like Ubuntu, SUSE, Debian, etc. It's more than a window manager like Gnome, IceWM, KDE, etc...

How would you start porting Meego for the Moto Droid ?

I am far from an expert . . . so PLEASE correct me if im wrong . . . but linux kernel takes care of the drives and "Meego" or "Android" is just the window manager RIGHT???????

I remember smoku was working on porting MeeGo onto the Dell Streak, you might like to contact him for more thoughts and details on this.

In fact his flickr shows he's already well on the way to accomplishing that

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smoku/4973961768/

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun