Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
should i be using the + symbol before my phone number? i am in the usa. my phone number format here is 1xxxyyyzzzz

how should i send to other numbers with fmms?

Will send you another log file frals

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Wellington, New Zealand
Just updated to 0.9.2

I sent an MMS to myself to test and noticed the following:

- Sent 2 MMS instead of just 1, one with my number as I entered it (02110277****) and the other in international format (+64210277****)......it also displayed its number as 0000000, but correctly but in international format within the MMS itself, where it says From.
I'm guessing fMMS was not sure how to handle a num ber with no international prefix, so it sent both....
We dont need both, and that prob cost twice as well I guess?

- I notice a whole new APN was made automatically when I updated.....does this mean fAPN is no longer requoired, nor the old APN I made manually for fMMS?

- I notice when sending an MMS, fMMS automatically disconnects the default APN, connects the MMS APN, sends/recieves MMS, then disconnects the MMS APN....but its not automatically reconnecting the default APN?

Using 0.9.2.

I tried to configure my APN but it won't let me save. Clicking Advanced also freezes fMMS.

this program has been a godsend to all of the users who use this item.

I have to report that 0.9.2 downloads messages faster and also downloads while on wifi. big thanks to this feature i kept forgetting to connect to tmobile and turn off wifi whenever i got a message this helps alot.

one feature that i feel is broken though is the configuring of the APN within the program. I set it up and when I hit save it freezes and never saves.

I now get a message stating my APN is not setup when I try to send a message in this new version.

hopefully we will get an update soon that fixes the apn configure issue.

keep up the good work.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ poor Slovenia
Hello!

Thanks for application I use it a lot.
But. On My n900 is really slow. Starting fMMS, and refreshing all old MMSs? Should I delete all old messeges?

Thanks
Milko

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by euanandrews View Post
Just updated to 0.9.2

I sent an MMS to myself to test and noticed the following:

- Sent 2 MMS instead of just 1, one with my number as I entered it (02110277****) and the other in international format (+64210277****)......it also displayed its number as 0000000, but correctly but in international format within the MMS itself, where it says From.
I'm guessing fMMS was not sure how to handle a num ber with no international prefix, so it sent both....
We dont need both, and that prob cost twice as well I guess?

- I notice a whole new APN was made automatically when I updated.....does this mean fAPN is no longer requoired, nor the old APN I made manually for fMMS?

- I notice when sending an MMS, fMMS automatically disconnects the default APN, connects the MMS APN, sends/recieves MMS, then disconnects the MMS APN....but its not automatically reconnecting the default APN?
Uh, pretty sure fMMS only sends one message - are you sure one of them isn't the outgoing in fMMS or did you actually get _two_ separate groups of notification (total 4, 2 sms push + 2 mms received)?

- Yes, as stated in my blogpost which I posted in this thread about: http://blog.frals.se/2010/04/18/fmms...lly-close-now/

Originally Posted by ceevee View Post
Using 0.9.2.

I tried to configure my APN but it won't let me save. Clicking Advanced also freezes fMMS.
Could I get your log please?

Originally Posted by matimilko View Post
Hello!

Thanks for application I use it a lot.
But. On My n900 is really slow. Starting fMMS, and refreshing all old MMSs? Should I delete all old messeges?

Thanks
Milko
Depending on how many messages you have it might get really slow, especially if they are all from different people.

Originally Posted by fsantiago36 View Post
this program has been a godsend to all of the users who use this item.

I have to report that 0.9.2 downloads messages faster and also downloads while on wifi. big thanks to this feature i kept forgetting to connect to tmobile and turn off wifi whenever i got a message this helps alot.

one feature that i feel is broken though is the configuring of the APN within the program. I set it up and when I hit save it freezes and never saves.

I now get a message stating my APN is not setup when I try to send a message in this new version.

hopefully we will get an update soon that fixes the apn configure issue.

keep up the good work.
Hmm... Could I get the log from when you try to open the configuration dialog? Thanks!

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following User Says Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Kuwait
Dear all. I just want to thank fral again for this great application.

I tried it here in Kuwait through provider "Zain" and it worked.

The settings I'm using for fAPN are as follows:

Access Point Name : pps
Username : mms
Password: mms

while for fmms configuration:

MMSC: http://mms.zain
Resize: 0

please note that Zain only allow 300 kB picture size for MMS.

Enjoy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malfares For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
OK I tested it again the v0.9.2. Now other phone can get my messages.

But "Share via service" is stopped working for me. It's not open fMMS app. I see in the status bar the "Sharing - waiting for connection" and nothing happens The version 0.9.0 worked perfect with this option...
Something wrong...

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
OK I tested it again the v0.9.2. Now other phone can get my messages.

But "Share via service" is stopped working for me. It's not open fMMS app. I see in the status bar the "Sharing - waiting for connection" and nothing happens The version 0.9.0 worked perfect with this option...
Something wrong...
You need to have a connection open for share via service to execute, been like this all along afaik.. Not sure what can be done about it either :/

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Last edited by frals; 2010-04-19 at 09:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by frals View Post
You need to have a connection open for share via service to execute, been like this all along afaik.. Not sure what can be done about it either :/
Thanks frals.
I checked it again, you are right... I checked with WiFi and 3G connection and fMMS worked perfect
But why it's can't read setting from fMMS (havoc mode) and connect automatically ? Is it possible ?
Thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python