Poll: Is your N9 in open mode?
Poll Options
Is your N9 in open mode?

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland/Zurich
Thanks for the link, but I know it well - my post was merely aimed at checking on fastern9 development progress

Last edited by don.edri; 2012-08-07 at 12:13.

Originally Posted by traysh View Post
New version here.
For those looking for the latest version, 0.9.7., click the link in the forwarded message above. I've found this version to be the best and I'm running it on PR 1.3.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Thank you for this scrips. I installed it on my n9 with PR1.3 a couple of days ago.

Prior installing this my device lagged occasinally fairly much and it disturbe me.

Well, this script no doubt makes a big difference. It lags much much less now. To the point it does not bother me at all anymore.

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
Great mod for N9!

Makes all a bit faster and smoother, no problems so far.

Thank you

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Don't know if it's just me, does Faster N9 get tired with time, the phone gets super fast after installation, gets slower with time, I seem to be using Drop Cache in 2 Hour Intervals now to make it smoother

Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Don't know if it's just me, does Faster N9 get tired with time, the phone gets super fast after installation, gets slower with time, I seem to be using Drop Cache in 2 Hour Intervals now to make it smoother
After a view days of using I have the same experience,
after installation phone seems to get a boost up and slows down a bit after some time (rebooted N9 once in that time).

But even with slowing down with time performance still feels improved for me.

it feels okay for me after weeks of usage, still smooth.

Originally Posted by MarcAnton View Post
After a view days of using I have the same experience,
after installation phone seems to get a boost up and slows down a bit after some time (rebooted N9 once in that time).

But even with slowing down with time performance still feels improved for me.
I think there was a post in this long thread about it not playing nice with Drop Cache or some kind of geocaching app. Not entirely sure though. What I do know that it involves the word "cache"

Originally Posted by lifeintheblitz View Post
I think there was a post in this long thread about it not playing nice with Drop Cache or some kind of geocaching app. Not entirely sure though. What I do know that it involves the word "cache"
I don't have dropcache installed.
I tried it once, but after using it my N9 became laggy as hell.
It was horrible to use, so I had to erase it.

fastern9 makes no problems so far

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
how about OC + Faster N9? Anybody using it all along?