Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by bullion87 View Post
won't work for me , don't know why, but a bunch of errors appeared
Posting what errors appear is a lot more helpful - I'm afraid I can't do anything with the knowledge of "a bunch of errors appear for bullion87" when trying to find the problem

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
The only problem I see with this working for me at the moment is that it seems I have to be connected to the MMS server when the pic arrives, otherwise I can't collect or view it. If I am, I can actually receive fine. But I doubt people will want to send an SMS to tell me to switch to MMS-receive before they send the pic.

Nonetheless, great work so far!! Massive credit to frals!
As long as you are not connected to any thing it *should* automatically connect to the MMS APN when receiving

Also, if it havent downloaded the message it *should* also try to fetch it when it's clicked in fMMS - make sure you are connected to the MMS APN while doing this, I haven't added the error handling bits yet ;-)

Thank you for testing!

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Trouble is I'm always connected to something. (That pesky, 'always on' 'online as it happens' thing).

I'll try again switching services before I open fmms. It certainly worked when I was in mms-mode before I sent.

Has someone figured out how to prevent N900 from using 'MMS' access point as internet connection when auto connection any access point is enabled?

The Following User Says Thank You to jarim For This Useful Post:
It seems that unless I am actually connected to the MMS access point when the mms is received, it goofs and I don't receive anything I can view. If I am, I get the pic. Which seems... odd.

I think that's what frals meant this thread for. Hopefully we will get a pile of them and can start a wiki page.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Palo Alto, CA
Originally Posted by bullion87 View Post
won't work for me , don't know why, but a bunch of errors appeared
I tried this for TMo USA with the latest version of fMMS.

I get errors when sending that say: MMSC timeout 504_Gateway Timeout_

when sending MMS from TMo US number to AT&T phone number.

If I try to send myself an MMS, I often see the following message: MMSC REPLIED: 200_OK_ ... (string of numbers and letters).

Let me know if I could provide more data for debugging purposes.

Frals

How to remove received MMS messages?

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by jolo View Post
I tried this for TMo USA with the latest version of fMMS.

I get errors when sending that say: MMSC timeout 504_Gateway Timeout_

when sending MMS from TMo US number to AT&T phone number.

If I try to send myself an MMS, I often see the following message: MMSC REPLIED: 200_OK_ ... (string of numbers and letters).

Let me know if I could provide more data for debugging purposes.
OK, disclosure - I sent mms from N900 to my wife's Nokia 6133 and we both on TMo. I didn't try to send to ATT because it had a problem of communication between TMo and ATT in MMS, at least in past. I will try to research it.

However, to send MMS from one TMo N900 to another TMo (non N900) in the same city I used this config:

APN: T-Mobile Internet
MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
Width: 300
phone: (my cell-phone number starting area code w/out dashes)

"T-Mobile Internet" - the name of GPRS/3G connection from "Settings/Internet connections", not IP address or DNS name. It hasn't any proxy actually.

And I have only one GPRS connection - didn't try fAPN to install another one.

The Following User Says Thank You to egoshin For This Useful Post:
Help!!!!
Can somebody help me with the settings for TELCEL mexico

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Does it send video (.mp4)?

I got "resizing" error...

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python