Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Hi,

I dropped my Nokia N9 into water a week ago. It has now constant reboots. I guess something happened to the hardware.

I am looking for a repair centre or someone that can repair it close to where I live in Germany. I live close to Bonn.

Do you know anybody that can help me?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
A repair may be a good idea but while you are looking for a suitable service, you might try to dry it out properly. If the device otherwise works and only reboots ocasionally, my guess is that there may still be some moisture inside. Switch it off, open or remove everything that can be opened and removed, then put it on a dry warm place for 2-3 days. Some people suggest in a bag of dry uncooked rice to absorb the moisture. Or some professional solutions, like silicone moisture absorbtion bags.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Bad luck.

You should have done so immediately!
Switching on (leaving on) a device, which has touched water, is always a bad idea!
Furthermore as N9 was never sold officially in Germany and Nokia becoming M$ I have no idea how repair shops may handle this

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
A repair may be a good idea but while you are looking for a suitable service, you might try to dry it out properly. If the device otherwise works and only reboots ocasionally, my guess is that there may still be some moisture inside. Switch it off, open or remove everything that can be opened and removed, then put it on a dry warm place for 2-3 days. Some people suggest in a bag of dry uncooked rice to absorb the moisture. Or some professional solutions, like silicone moisture absorbtion bags.
Thanks for your advice. The device actually reboots constantly after the Nokia logo and the startup screen appears. I tried the the trick with the uncooked rice but had no success. I have also flashed the phone because I got warnings about too many reboots and hoped that flashing might help to stop the reboot loop. I was able to copy all my data with the help of this guide:
http://www.allboutn9.info/2013/01/lo...lution_23.html

Strangely I had no reboots while copying my data according to that description.

However, after reflashing the original Nokia software I come no further than a startup screen after the Nokia logo. :-((