Closed Thread
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
so can we get flash 10 with meego?

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Originally Posted by atilla View Post
Maybe if you buy a device. I suspect that, like the other non-Open parts of Android, it'll be missing when Cyanogen releases his versions of Android 2.2. I expect the same will be true for community releases of MeeGo for the N900, unless Adobe decides to be benevolent.

Thus the problem with Flash. Perhaps we should look into making Gnash not suck?

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Maybe you just missed my post...

Originally Posted by atilla View Post
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
The project discussed here is about open source meego.com releases running in the N900, pure or with some binary compromises in the hardware adaptation layer.

Please don't bug his team with questions about Ovi, Skype, Flash etc. The good thread for this is N900 community support for the future MeeGo based release from Nokia.

Thank you!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ İstanbul - Turkey
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
The MeeGo Core (RPM based system, formerly known as Moblin) + Nokia N900 hardware adaptation. In due time, MeeGo Core + hardware adaptation + Handset UX (from MeeGo project).
Are we able to use a desktop environment with the first release, like the recent MeeGo release for vehicles? It contained Xfce IIRC. And are you in position to explain what "due time" means, is it like weeks or months .

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Essex, UK
I'm probably talking crap, but,
Meego will run in some way as it is being developed on the N900, yes?
The main problem is the resistive screen?
If, say, a third party company were to make a drop in replacement capacitive screen, I'm assuming that the hardware could take it as it's the same as the iCrap.
I know nothing about development, but how hard would it be to modify the screen driver? What about the milestone driver?

Originally Posted by 6sicSIX View Post
If, say, a third party company were to make a drop in replacement capacitive screen, I'm assuming that the hardware could take it as it's the same as the iCrap.
I know nothing about development, but how hard would it be to modify the screen driver? What about the milestone driver?
Capacitive screens require a special controller chip, not just a driver. You'd have to either redesign the board or go blue-wire crazy to rewire things as they are.

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Essex, UK
Damn there goes that plan lol, but I thought the n900 used the exact same chipset..?

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/releases...0-open-armv7l/

So UI version of MeeGo is avaiable already?

Can we install it ?

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
That release is CLI/Terminal only.

You can install it, highly unrecommended!

Try dual boot.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by Optln View Post
And are you in position to explain what "due time" means, is it like weeks or months .
Harri's team has to wait for this:

with the development of the MeeGo Handset user experience moving to the open in June.
http://meego.com/community/blogs/ima...roject-release

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread