Notices

Hi everyone!

So I`ve got this strange problem with image opening. Whenever I try to open an image (in the file manager) it opens it in the web browser instead of maemo photos. However from Photos folder images open in the maemo photos (like they should) where I can edit them an so on.
Do you have ideas why images stored in the file manager open in the web browser? And how can I change that?

Thanks in advance!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vital0220 For This Useful Post:
What device are you using?
Do you have DBus-Switchboard installed? I think it changes the default image viewer to the web browser.

Originally Posted by deegore View Post
What device are you using?
Do you have DBus-Switchboard installed? I think it changes the default image viewer to the web browser.
I`m using N900. I downloaded Dbus-Switchboard after I encountered the problem because I knew I could change file associations with it. So I checked. But everything looks fine from there - .jpg = maemo photos. Am I missing something?

The Following User Says Thank You to vital0220 For This Useful Post:
I'm not very handy with dbus-switchboard but here is what I found.

Select the defaults tab at the bottom.

Find the entry for image/pjpeg.

If it says hildon-browser.desktop, tap on it and it should change to
hildon-dbus-switchboard.desktop.

Tap the menu at the top and select save.

Hope that helps.

I'm not very handy with dbus-switchboard but here is what I found.

Select the defaults tab at the bottom.

Find the entry for image/pjpeg.

If it says hildon-browser.desktop, tap on it and it should change to
hildon-dbus-switchboard.desktop.

Tap the menu at the top and select save.

Hope that helps.
That didn`t work..:/ But I`m really thankful for the idea! Besides that made me think: shouldn`t image/pjpeg be associated with hildon-image-viewer.desktop ? For example .bmp, .gif and some other image extensions are associated with it. While pjpeg is associated with hildon-browser.desktop. And changing it to hildon-dbus-switchboard.desktop. does nothing.
If so, then how can I change it to hildon-image-viewer.desktop ?

I don't know. The only other thought I have is to look under the handlers tab and see what it says for Maemo Photos.
Here is what mine says.

dbus-switchboard-shim image-viewer 0 com.nokia.image_viewer /com/nokia/image_viewer com.nokia.image_viewer.mime_open %params%

If you change it I would copy down what you have first, just in case.

I don't know. The only other thought I have is to look under the handlers tab and see what it says for Maemo Photos.
Here is what mine says.

dbus-switchboard-shim image-viewer 0 com.nokia.image_viewer /com/nokia/image_viewer com.nokia.image_viewer.mime_open %params%

If you change it I would copy down what you have first, just in case.
Mine says the same.
I`m pretty sure that image/pjpeg section has to be associated with image-viewer.desktop. I stored a .png image, (which according to Dbus is associated with image-viewer) in the file manager and it opens in default image viewer.
What does your image/pjpeg section says? Is it associated with image-viewer.desktop? Cause if so, well, there`s the answer. But I still need to know how to change this...