I have an issue with my Aqua Fish that I can't solve.

At the moment I'm on SaifishOS 3.0.1.11, but Sailfish Update is telling me to update to 2.1.4.14, which is actually a downgrade.
I'm just about to update to 3.2.0.12. If that doesn't get rid of the update notification is there another way?

Thankees

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post

At the moment I'm on SaifishOS 3.0.1.11, but Sailfish Update is telling me to update to 2.1.4.14, which is actually a downgrade.
I'm just about to update to 3.2.0.12. If that doesn't get rid of the update notification is there another way?

Thankees
RTFM (Jolla's for ugrading at the command line) and do follow it, or use sfos-upgrade (specificallly post_sfos-upgrade after upgrading).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post

Thankees
I have the same problem.. Tired a few things posted here and in TJC including deleting the cache.. but the message still remains.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
I have the same problem.. Tired a few things posted here and in TJC including deleting the cache.. but the message still remains.
I notice too that each time you update it that Gaana app is installed each time. It doesn't work now because it needs an update to Google Play Services, which in turn is asking for you to create a Google account. Sod that fer a game of soldiers.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
- Did you stop the store-client before deleting its cached OS version info?
- As SailfishOS 2.2.1.14 is the final official release (hence the last release one can update to at the GUI, i.e. per store-client) for the Aquafish, the store-client may pull that information again (rendering the removal of the store-client's cached OS version info futile).
- You can convert your Intex Aquafish to a Jolla C (see TJC), which should eliminate these upgrade issues.

Last edited by olf; 2019-12-05 at 20:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olf View Post
You can convert your Intex Aquafish to a Jolla C (see TJC), which should eliminate these upgrade issues.
As pointed out you can either permanently convert AquaFish to behave as Jolla C after reset or temporarily so will revert to Intex features upon reset:https://together.jolla.com/question/...a-c-not-modem/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olf View Post
- Did you stop the store-client ...
... and check it is really stopped ...

... before deleting its cached OS version info?
A pkcon refresh after that may be useful or not, but sure does no harm.

- As SailfishOS 2.2.1.14 is the final official release (hence the last release one can update to at the GUI, i.e. per store-client) for the Aquafish, the store-client may pull that information again (rendering the removal of the store-client's cached OS version info futile).
... but that behaviour is part of a general SailfishOS flaw, which can be easily suppressed.

P.S.: Please do practice searching the web for such questions, especially TJC and TMO, usually the needed info is already there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post: