After mounting some smb shares under kernel power37 my sd card (sandisk 32gb) became "read only". I tried restarting the phone, the sd card always gets mounted as read only. I've also tried to unmount the card manualy, but I can't mount it as writeable again.

This also happend to me a couple of weeks ago. After I formated the sd card I was able to write on it again. I dont't want to format the card this time again, does anybody know another way to get around this?

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
How much space is left on it?
What happens if you try to mount it writable?
What Filesystem do you use?

The Following User Says Thank You to ChoMar For This Useful Post:
Have you checked for file system corruption?

Problems found with the file system is a common cause for a file system being mounted read-only - giving the user a chance to save files before repairing or reformatting it.

The Following User Says Thank You to pwm For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LippiVan View Post
After mounting some smb shares under kernel power37 my sd card (sandisk 32gb) became "read only". I tried restarting the phone, the sd card always gets mounted as read only. I've also tried to unmount the card manualy, but I can't mount it as writeable again.

This also happend to me a couple of weeks ago. After I formated the sd card I was able to write on it again. I dont't want to format the card this time again, does anybody know another way to get around this?
last day i got this to.. try Fix the Micro SD.

in Windows OS:
Properties - Tool - Error Checking - Mark the "Automatically Fix File System Error*.

Good Luck

The Following User Says Thank You to ryo1st For This Useful Post:
Thx for all the answers, didn't check the card for corruption before!

I did a scandisk repair in Win7 on the microSd card, a view errors did get repaired. Now the card seems to be writeable again.
Thx for your help!