http://metro.nanika.net/index-en.html

I can install the application however it cannot find the city (I need to either sync it from a desktop) or put the maps in the external palm memory storage. Does Garnet do either? (From what I've read syncing is buggy) and I haven't had time to look up palm external memory storage yet.

(never owned a Palm before).

Thank You!

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I installed it yesterday. You can't install it using Garnet VM, you have to hotsync with a Windows PC over Wifi. Install Palm Desktop (www.palm.com, it's a free download), then press "Hotsync" on the N810 in Garnet VM. Enter your computer's IP adress and hit sync. To install Metro, add the App and the city files to the Palm Quick Installer app and hotsync.

The Following User Says Thank You to apajusi For This Useful Post:
What device do I pick? It won't let me download it without specificing what device I have.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I usually just say Palm T|X. That seems to be a pretty current model with few compatibility issues...

You can install it just fine through GarnetVM, no hotsync needed.

1: Download metropalm.zip from the link in the OP's posting (or use http://download.nanika.net/metropalm.zip)

2: While you're at it, download MetrUp at the same time (through the link above, or directly: http://download.nanika.net/metrup.zip)

3: Unpack the zip file(s) somewhere.

4: Pick your version, e.g. metro-en.prc (for the English version)

5: Pick your towns/tubes/ from the selection of .pdb files (e.g. all/London-tourist.pdb)

6: Put your prc file(s) and your pdb file(s) on an SD card and install them one by one with the 'install' command in the Garnet VM interface.

7: When you start Metro from GarnetVM you'll see the towns/routes you loaded (as .pdb files) above.

8: Use MetrUp to get newer versions of the routes through the internet. It should also be able to automatically upgrade your metro version so that you don't need to re-install as newer versions become available, but as the version I installed is already the latest I haven't tested this. But it connects and checks ok at least.

(edit: speling tpyo fxide)

Last edited by TA-t3; 2008-07-04 at 15:57.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Hm, the .pdb files never worked for me on Garnet VM's install util. But thanks for the tip about MetrUp.

I installed metro yesterday and hte pdbs installed just fine. Try wiping garnet and starting over.

Installing pdb files should work fine. I've installed lots of them (for other applications in addition to Metro). They all work (e.g. the Lufthansa pdb for the flight database for the Lufthansa Palm application). If it doesn't work there must be something wrong with the installation and I second drizek's re-install suggestion.

you don t need to use anymore Garnet, we released a Maemo version.

http://nanika.net/Metro/MetroY-en.html

rgds
frank

Tags
garnet, palm