Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
OK, I will update the deb again to fix the e2fsprogs isssue again. Its always something. So its working well now? Let me know if you have any other issues...

Are your cards available after running gparted? They should remount when its complete..
Looks like it is working well now.

The cards appear to remount after running GParted. Not sure why they didn't do so before.

Please, could you change the menu item to simply "GParted" or "Partition Editor" or something? "GParted Hacked for Qole" is not my favorite menu item name...

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Looks like it is working well now.

The cards appear to remount after running GParted. Not sure why they didn't do so before.

Please, could you change the menu item to simply "GParted" or "Partition Editor" or something? "GParted Hacked for Qole" is not my favorite menu item name...
I didn't like "partition editor" so I went with "GParted Hacked for Qole"

I suppose I can change it next time I go in there, but who knows what it might say when I am done
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I updated the deb so e2fsprogs does not need to be installed. You can install gparted-hack on fresh flash with no pre-req's. I also updated the menu name "Partition Editor"

Enjoy, its working great
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 131 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
My positive feedback about the gparted for maemo.
Partition Editor on the menu, worked correctly to copy and resize 2 partitions on a 4Gb SD(fat32+ext3) to 8GB SD.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperezg For This Useful Post:
This program is magical. It allowed me to reconfigure my bro's flash drive with my n810 when his vista laptop couldn't.

Haven't been around for so long...
After some time my N800 was left in the drawer to "rest" I realized I needed it again (no need to spend money for a new e-reader I say )
The system was an ugly mess due to my last fiddling with the device, so I decided to reflash it with latest official firmware and updated to the stable branch of community SSU... piece of cake
Unfortunately all that glitters is not gold...
I used to have my N800 booting from SD, but console-tools won't work with CSSU... wanted to use gparted (I remember it worked pretty good and was way easier to use than command line to get the right sized partitions) but it cannot see any of the 2 16Gb SD cards...
I'm feeling so depressed... why everything that worked is now pretty much useless? Can somebody give me some help?
Thanks a lot

Update: reflashed again, Gparted works with plain diablo, CSSU (5.2010-33.1) makes devices invisible to it...

Last edited by JustNick; 2011-04-20 at 12:43.

Tags
debian, gparted, hacked, qole