It's interesting how the rebate specifies between Nov 16th and before Dec 31st though. Why not just do before Dec 31st 2009? Is it standard to do a between date?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
Could you give me the link to the coupon?
Try it. Here it is:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=425

You have to order the phone thru Dell Small Business for that coupon to work. And it only saves $20 over Amazon's current price. (The diff could be less if you have to pay sales tax or shipping... it's probably better to go with Amazon if they don't charge tax in your state. I have Amazon Prime, so free 2nd day shipping factors in too.)

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

The Following User Says Thank You to MountainX For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
It's interesting how the rebate specifies between Nov 16th and before Dec 31st though. Why not just do before Dec 31st 2009? Is it standard to do a between date?
Because the person who invented the rebate doesn't do his homework. Let's just say...Nokia people are screwed up. There is a reason why they're losing profits. They're probably the lowest in consumer satisfaction.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Atlanta, GA United States
Originally Posted by solotc View Post
Does no one read the Pre-order policy on amazon?
The Amazon pre-order price guarantee:
Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game, or software item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you place your order and the release date.
It doesn't say anything about electronics. I've enjoyed this guarantee multiple times when buying blu-rays, books, etc. But even if Amazon does apply this to other types of items, what's the downside to asking them to reprice items when the price has decreased? This doesn't require re-ordering.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
They're probably the lowest in consumer satisfaction.
They are highest in satisfaction in my book because of Maemo. What other company is brave enough to try this experiement?!?

I can be patient for something that breaks new ground like this. Maemo is good for consumers. It empowers us. Just look at this community. People can actually fix stuff they don't like about many of the software apps we use.

I'll take a company that empowers me -- even if there are rough edges -- over a company that takes away choices. Closed source takes away choices. And everything about Apples takes away choices. I don't need absolute perfection in execution of every small step. I just need a good product that is as open as possible. No company and no product beats the Nokia N900 on those counts. (I'm not saying Google's Android is bad, btw.)

Companies are just people. Companies are not perfect machines.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Diego, CA, USA
Originally Posted by onestop View Post
The Amazon pre-order price guarantee:

It doesn't say anything about electronics. I've enjoyed this guarantee multiple times when buying blu-rays, books, etc. But even if Amazon does apply this to other types of items, what's the downside to asking them to reprice items when the price has decreased? This doesn't require re-ordering.
I gave them a call when I noticed the price change and they changed it over the phone without a problem.

Originally Posted by MountainX View Post
They are highest in satisfaction in my book because of Maemo. What other company is brave enough to try this experiement?!?

I can be patient for something that breaks new ground like this. Maemo is good for consumers. It empowers us. Just look at this community. People can actually fix stuff they don't like about many of the software apps we use.

I'll take a company that empowers me -- even if there are rough edges -- over a company that takes away choices. Closed source takes away choices. And everything about Apples takes away choices. I don't need absolute perfection in execution of every small step. I just need a good product that is as open as possible. No company and no product beats the Nokia N900 on those counts. (I'm not saying Google's Android is bad, btw.)

Companies are just people. Companies are not perfect machines.
This has nothing to do with consumer satisfaction. Building a powerful device entice consumers....it has nothing to do with consumer satifaction as far as being informative, reliable and trustworthy.