Notices

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
ok, the only problem is the i am in the U.S using t mobile. any chance you know how to uninstall with what i got ?

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ st.helens,merseyside
you can uninstall fmms with app manager, and i guess you dont have fapn installed yet...
download both programs and then google your t mobile settings.....

ok , going to try it right now . let know how it goes . thanks !

nice , thanks for the info , it gone now , i have asked this question for a while now and no one knew , telling to go and fix the scrip , thanks thumbs !!

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ st.helens,merseyside
no probs....good luck finding your t mobile settings

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
fMMS only worked with data service for me. Could not get it to work like regular sms. However, I could get incoming MMS notification, but need to logon the data (not WLAN) to retrieve the content. Is this normal, or is there a configuration fix?

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
the latest versions of fmms you DO NOT need fapn, fmms has sorted the access point via its own settings, but they're a bit sensitive. if you did download fapn and create a new access point you will need to delete it using fapn as the network connections in maemo wont let you delete a gprs access point as far as i'm aware. if done correctly fmms will auto receive mms in havoc mode without doing a thing, as mms should on other phones.

for vodafone uk settings i had to try the settings a few times, i believe i fixed when i went to the advanced tab and deleted all the fields rather than leave them as 0.0's (it puts them back, but it worked after that)

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
fMMS only worked with data service for me. Could not get it to work like regular sms. However, I could get incoming MMS notification, but need to logon the data (not WLAN) to retrieve the content. Is this normal, or is there a configuration fix?
this sounds like "polite mode" where it will only access the mms access point if no other connection is active. if you have the correct mms settings in fmms, and set it to "havoc mode" it creates an invisible access point and can use it at the same time as your wifi.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
this sounds like "polite mode" where it will only access the mms access point if no other connection is active. if you have the correct mms settings in fmms, and set it to "havoc mode" it creates an invisible access point and can use it at the same time as your wifi.
Thanks! I'll try that now.