Active Topics

cannot verify. unknown error

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Lebanon
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
You install them..

Honestly if you aren't confortable with the Terminal then you shouldn't even attempt this stuff.

I warn you, that messing around with X Terminal can very easily brick your device but installing a .deb file is easy as hell

1. Download both files and save them on your phone via USB.
2. Open X-Term and type the following, pressing enter after each step
3. sudo gainroot
4. cd /home/user/MyDocs
5. dpkg -i oracle-embedded-jre-1.6.0u30.deb whatsapp-java-0.0.4alpha.deb
6. Close X Terminal after everything is finished, I am assuming you should now have a WhatsApp icon on the applications list
I just didn't know the dpkg -i command Thank you again

You install them..

Honestly if you aren't confortable with the Terminal then you shouldn't even attempt this stuff.

I warn you, that messing around with X Terminal can very easily brick your device but installing a .deb file is easy as hell

3. sudo gainroot
4. cd /home/user/MyDocs
6. Close X Terminal after everything is finished, I am assuming you should now have a WhatsApp icon on the applications list
hi...
Just wanted to know if it would work for the n9...and if it does how do you install it

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Heerlen, Netherlands
You install them..

3. sudo gainroot
4. cd /home/user/MyDocs

Why not just downloading the file's to the phone, and then tapping on them and installing them with HAM ? is it nessessary to be ROOT? otherwise, i see no reason.

I downloaded the 2 .deb files and installed them with HAM.. same error as others: "unknown error".

oh ja, don't forget to turn internet connection on while trying to get the code. Now i have the code, which I got by Voice method.. but I can't verify because of the "unknown" error

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Lebanon
arrived here
Attached Images

I there a reason for all the unknow errors?
I've got also that message. I think because i'm allready registerd with NITdroid.
I've thried the app on PC with the 'Recover' (error = 'Phone not registered') and 'Login' (error = 'Could not login: login failed') methods but that failed also.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Heerlen, Netherlands
I'm not registered at WhatsApp yet, never used it before.

To be honest, i hate the whole thing: because of whatsapp/ping/blablabla the providers had to limit the datatransfer. There was a time i had limitless data, and now it's over.. I'd rather use sms and have limitless data than use whatsapp and be super carefull about surfing the web...

and all the people have whatsapp, so i have to follow, otherwise nobody will talk to me hahaha

But that is another story.

I'd like to support the development, but I'm as noobish as script-kiddys: i can copy codes and sometimes i even understand what i'm doing, but cannot write somethuing myself so, big respect for the people who can
The only way i could help is trying and reporting..

Last edited by evgeniy1987; 2012-04-23 at 13:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to evgeniy1987 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by evgeniy1987 View Post
I'm not registered at WhatsApp yet, never used it before.

To be honest, i hate the whole thing: because of whatsapp/ping/blablabla the providers had to limit the datatransfer. There was a time i had limitless data, and now it's over.. I'd rather use sms and have limitless data than use whatsapp and be super carefull about surfing the web...

and all the people have whatsapp, so i have to follow, otherwise nobody will talk to me hahaha
I'll also miss a lot in our group of friends.. that's why it should be handy if I have also a working copy of whatsapp without rebooting every time..

But you're not registered before and receive also 'unknown error'... ?
then the problem is somewhere else and maybe peterbjornx can help us..

i also got the unknown error after inputing verification code

by mistake i typed wrong number, actually was confused to see two boxes for number. Now its asking for verification code and i dont have one, what to do next? please help

Tags
whatscrapp!