Active Topics

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Setubal, Portugal
How can i do it if imm running pr 1.2 legacy 339 and want to flash to legacy Global 001

Just tried it, "downgrade disallowed"
Im gonna wait till PR 1.3 comes out, then change my variant

Gonna reflash with original for now.
Thanks

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Durham, UK
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
Which variant are you trying to upgrade from, and which are you trying to flash?

Try downloading the firmware image that was on your phone before, then doing:

Code:
flasher -f -F pr12-main.bin --flash-only=nolo,kernel,rootfs
flasher -f -F pr11-main.bin --flash-only=cmt
flasher -f -F pr12-emmc.bin
(pr11-main.bin is the old firmware, pr12-main.bin is the new firmware)
If I do this on my phone the flashing works with no errors but bricks the phone any idea why?

Gabriel

Originally Posted by tiiagoFernandez View Post
Just tried it, "downgrade disallowed"
Im gonna wait till PR 1.3 comes out, then change my variant

Gonna reflash with original for now.
Thanks
Sucess on reflashing with the same system and variant and rest of the world emmc.
When another firmware update comes out im gonna flash it to Global.

Does anyone know, I tried the zeroize device. Though my phone works, at boot it still displays the warning that I have modified the device software making the warranty void etc. how do I fix this? I cant use security code with this sh*t

EDIT: Before I zeroize, this is already present. I just thought it can fix it but it didnt.

Last edited by ssjmec; 2012-03-09 at 15:26.

Originally Posted by ssjmec View Post
Does anyone know, I tried the zeroize device. Though my phone works, at boot it still displays the warning that I have modified the device software making the warranty void etc. how do I fix this? I cant use security code with this sh*t
What firmware variant and versions were you using and what is the product number of your phone?

Were any errors reported by the flasher?

Originally Posted by gabrielharrison View Post
What firmware variant and versions were you using and what is the product number of your phone?

Were any errors reported by the flasher?
PR1.2 for product code 059J232. Actually I have a long story.

When I was still on PR1.1, I did a device clear (Settings>reset>clear device) then I reflashed with PR1.1. I am able to flash the device safely with the same file before, but that time it failed, I think it became corrupted, but dont know how? Anyway, after the failed flash, my phone still boots but with errors (no signal, cant display the about product) So I just downloaded the PR1.2 for my variant. then flashed the phone. This is the first time the warning showed, and the phone auto shuts off. So I tried to reflash the PR1.1 of my variant, (the same, corrupted file. but I wasn't aware yet that it is corrupted) again, it failed to flash. but when I start my phone, it still boots but I know theres wrong (again, the mobile network and about product) I tried to use the flash only cmt of pr1.2 on my pr1.1 and it fixed the mobile network and about product issue. so my phone functions well on PR1.1. I tried to update to pr1.2 OTA. It was successful, I can see on my about product that I am running pr1.2. everything is okay but one thing, every time I boot my device, the same warning shows(warning, you have modified device software etc etc) for about 10 secs, before it actually boot. That is the time I tried to zeroize device. I downloaded pr1.2 for my variant on navifirm but still, same problem.

Originally Posted by ssjmec View Post
PR1.2 for product code 059J232. Actually I have a long story.

When I was still on PR1.1, I did a device clear (Settings>reset>clear device) then I reflashed with PR1.1. I am able to flash the device safely with the same file before, but that time it failed, I think it became corrupted, but dont know how? Anyway, after the failed flash, my phone still boots but with errors (no signal, cant display the about product) So I just downloaded the PR1.2 for my variant. then flashed the phone. This is the first time the warning showed, and the phone auto shuts off. So I tried to reflash the PR1.1 of my variant, (the same, corrupted file. but I wasn't aware yet that it is corrupted) again, it failed to flash. but when I start my phone, it still boots but I know theres wrong (again, the mobile network and about product) I tried to use the flash only cmt of pr1.2 on my pr1.1 and it fixed the mobile network and about product issue. so my phone functions well on PR1.1. I tried to update to pr1.2 OTA. It was successful, I can see on my about product that I am running pr1.2. everything is okay but one thing, every time I boot my device, the same warning shows(warning, you have modified device software etc etc) for about 10 secs, before it actually boot. That is the time I tried to zeroize device. I downloaded pr1.2 for my variant on navifirm but still, same problem.

Looks like you have the same problem as me. See this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82877

The instructions twice say to click the boxes for the TWO files stariting with DFL61_HARMATTAN. For all of them I only see one file starting with that. Using NaviFirmEx. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by lancewex; 2012-03-09 at 23:38. Reason: clarity

Originally Posted by gabrielharrison View Post
Looks like you have the same problem as me. See this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82877
This is an incredibly strange problem.

Are you sure the flash was 100% successful with PR1.2? It sounds like parts of the system simply aren't being flashed, period.

If you don't mind screwing up your phone again, what happens if you flash with the -v option (upload all the output)?

Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
The instructions twice say to click the boxes for the TWO files stariting with DFL61_HARMATTAN. For all of them I only see one file starting with that. Using NaviFirmEx. What am I doing wrong?
You didn't select "Nokia Care Suit" in the menu (re-check the directions).

Tags
flashing, nokia n9