Notices

Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
I want an port of this game, because its epic, And it runs on the Unreal engine, Should be doable right?

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
LOL, no. it's not.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
LOL, no. it's not.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Deus Ex is built on Unreal Engine.
Please search before you just post something. He is obviously talking about Deus Ex 1. Wich was released in 2000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_Ex

Even if someone would be able to port it to the N900, you would still be stuck with the controls. It's not worth it to port these kind of games to the N900.
We have Duke Nukem to show of to other people, and that's about it.
I would rather have some of the more simple games ported. For instance Angry Birds Space is insanely addictive.

Last edited by Wreck; 2012-06-04 at 20:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Until effort to port/rebuild the engine in opensource takes some wind (currently all google searches return pages where lovers dream and no programmers speak up) not gonna happen.

Duke Nukem to show off? How about nethack, this will show'em. Quakes used to have been used for showing off, Duke Nukem 3D is like doom vs Q3, wait for their jaws to drop... wait for it... keep waiting.

Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Please search before you just post something. He is obviously talking about Deus Ex 1. Wich was released in 2000.
Do you own the source code? Do you have the skills to develop a OGL-based ARM port? Or do you have the ability to reverse engineer the engine? Do you?
I know he's talking about the original game, but as far as i know the game, the engine, the texture packs and everything else is closed source. The controls are the least of your problems.

Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
Do you own the source code? Do you have the skills to develop a OGL-based ARM port? Or do you have the ability to reverse engineer the engine? Do you?
I know he's talking about the original game, but as far as i know the game, the engine, the texture packs and everything else is closed source. The controls are the least of your problems.
Wasn't the unreal engine open sourced a little while back?

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Wasn't the unreal engine open sourced a little while back?
No, it's not. The Unreal Development kit It's free for non-comercial use, it’s not remotely open source — any modification to the engine itself is prohibited — you can’t reverse-engineer anything.