Sorry, didn't thought someone answered me already, so I deleted my post ^^

I had wifi disconnected on the phone, so really dumb move on my part !!!

Thanks anyway thedead1440

EDIT: seems like he deleted his post also. I'll leave this one here anyway, so maybe someone will avoid that silly mistake^^

Wow, sorry for double post, but this thing creeped me out: all those details of my device transfered on internet ! I realize I'm not ok with that, however trustful those people can be.

If I uninstall the app from the system menu of the n9, will it remove all unneeded dependencies and config files ? thx

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ India
Originally Posted by sandy_locke View Post
Wow, sorry for double post, but this thing creeped me out: all those details of my device transfered on internet ! I realize I'm not ok with that, however trustful those people can be.

If I uninstall the app from the system menu of the n9, will it remove all unneeded dependencies and config files ? thx

Uninstalling should remove all the files installed by prey. You can double check if '/opt/prey' is deleted from the filesystem. Not sure about the dependencies though.
If you dont trust the Prey-project server people, you can operate Prey on standalone mode. In this mode you use your own server for tracking. More details and a server side app is available on the Prey website. The code is all open source and can be found here.

I haven't tested standalone mode, as I dont have a server.

Huge battery hog , drained full battery in 6 hours . In htop prey.sh was constantly on the top of processes . Now I purged it and never gonna install again any app of this kind .

Posts: 673 | Thanked: 230 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Mumbai
Unable to trace installation dependencies!!!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by zaidk9 View Post
Unable to trace installation dependencies!!!
Read first 3 pages...

The applications installed properly but screenshot and camera capture is not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
Hello, do you have any plan to port this to SailfishOS?

news??
the project must go on!

The Following User Says Thank You to marcocara94 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ India
i'm quite busy these days, trying to finish and submit my thesis. improving current release requires considerable amount of time to identify proper solutions for existing problems. Once I have submitted my thesis and relocated from my present location, I will consider improving this app.

it will be good to know how many people are using or planning to use this app for tracking their N9[50].

regarding sailfish:
this app requires access to a lot of system information, and is difficult without more information and access to hardware.
developing for N9[50] had issues because of aegis. same code worked for some devices and did not work for other devices. this might be due to different OS variants out there.
my suggestion to those interested, would be to contact Jolla team and request them for supporting Prey as their official "track and protect" app, as it is an opensource project.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to student4life For This Useful Post: