Notices

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
There is a bug in the initial release that prevents playback and download of videos. This has been fixed, and an update has been submitted to Nokia Store QA. The update also has a few other improvements. However, you can fix the problem by creating a folder named 'cuteTube' on the E: drive, i.e.

E:/cuteTube

I have asked Nokia to remove the current version from Nokia Store, but there appears to be some problem in achieving this. I have been told that they will at least prioritise the QA evaluation of the update.

If you have any further queries regarding the Symbian version, it is probably better to use the contact email address in the 'about' dialog, as I don't have much time to monitor TMO at the moment. Also, as this is predominantly a FOSS community, I feel slightly uncomfortable discussing my commercial applications here.

This solved it for me. Thanks again.

And sorry for bringing this discussion here.

Your work is great and I wanted to advertise it a little, as well. Since Symbian and Maemo communities do overlap quite a bit.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I don't think there is any way I can provide a solution to this problem. The player uses a high-level API (QML Video element). There is no way to access the backend.
I understand, I was merely reporting some feedback. It turns out it was my own fault, the package 'gstreamer-openmax' had crept back onto my system somehow (lol, I dunno). All is well again. Thank you for all of your hard work. Have some beer on me.

I am sorry to hear some piece of **** has taken your work and is now charging money for it in addition to getting one of the secret n950s. If you need a knuckle goon squad to go rough him up just give the word. We northern types don't take to kindly to that kind of behavior.

uh, what happened to your paypal link?

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
just noticed cutetube qml has stopped playback of archived video, seen some others having a problem with this and downloading has there been any solution to this? looked back through thread but not seen/missed it.

managed to sort it by playing through stock mediaplayer rather than cutetube player.

Last edited by corduroysack; 2011-12-15 at 09:54.

The downloading is now intermittent. It worked fine two days ago and last night it stopped playing again. Nothing has been added / changed in terms of software on my N900.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Martinsicuro, Abruzzo, Italy
Originally Posted by NightShift79 View Post
i can't post on facebook anymore after i installed qmltube on my freshly flashed n900. it shows autorization on facebook, but then theres only black...
(mcsp, libqtm, cssu installed)
Same problem.
When I try to delete Facebook access token, this message appears: "Database error. Unable to delete Facebook access token".

The Following User Says Thank You to alextootchie For This Useful Post:
Can I export the search list from qmltube. In the setting dialog have "clear saved searches", but I want to save the search list before clear it. How to do that? Anyone know?

Originally Posted by jotoco View Post
marcian, it seems that it is not working properly. I can browse everything fine but I can't play nor download anything on my e6.

Any thoughts?
I download cutetube yesterday for my nokia E7 and is only black screen

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by maciej73 View Post
I download cutetube yesterday for my nokia E7 and is only black screen
You are probably missing some Qt libraries. If you install these, the application should work as expected.

Qt 4.7.4: http://ubuntuone.com/2G64QatSvys0zN3YUsNfYD

QtMobility: http://ubuntuone.com/25qoK4R568oeUXswaFbRfh

QtComponents: http://ubuntuone.com/7U4ehIYHlDJstSZNwKFGNZ

There are some problems with Nokia Store distributing applications that require these libraries. I have asked Nokia to pull cuteTube from the store because of this.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
thanks Marxian i will tray this

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
As far as the N900 is concerned, I'm focusing my efforts on getting the QtComponents version up and running. It's a significant improvement on the existing version in many areas, and it also means I can concentrate on (more or less) a single code base across the different platforms. Here's some early screenshots of it running on my N900:

My website

GitHub

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube