I've got an odd problem, when I select to create a new event, the window which pops up, is exactly the height of the Title input box and no more, leaving the top 80% of the screen blank. It makes it really difficult to scroll in edit event or to create new events.

I can't for the life of me see, why it's so small, or how to resize, it. I can't even find any information online about how one might set the size of these kind of popups.

Can someone help? It wasn't a problem on my last N900, but it makes this one hard to use for calendaring.

Simon

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Screenshots?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Not sure how I can get a screenshot for you.

Basically I have the calendar think on my desktop, so I click it to go into calendar, and it shows the + New event button at the top and a list of events.

I click '+ New Event' and the screen fades into background and a 'New event' Poppup appears, at the bottom of the screen, showing just the Title and Save button. Something like this;-

Code:
---------------------------------------------------------------
       _____________New event__________
Title |                                |       Save
      ----------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------
Where I can scroll the Title edit box, but literally the scroll window is the height of just that one input entity, so it's pretty hard work

Last edited by sibaz; 2012-12-11 at 11:01.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by sibaz View Post
Not sure how I can get a screenshot for you.
Ctrl+Shift+P

The screenshot will be put in ~/MyDocs/Images/Screenshots. Once done, attach the device to the PC in Mass Storage Mode and upload the screenshot here.

Ok, couldn't find it where you said, but picturebrowser seemed to find it, so I've managed to email it to myself.

Think I've managed to attach it now
Attached Images

I've taken another screenshot, which better illustrates the problem
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to sibaz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Ctrl+Shift+P

The screenshot will be put in ~/MyDocs/Images/Screenshots. Once done, attach the device to the PC in Mass Storage Mode and upload the screenshot here.
FYI eventually found them in ~/MyDocs/.images/Screenshots

The Following User Says Thank You to sibaz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Sorry abuot the wrong path. I typed it off File Manager and I forgot that it translates some paths

I see your problem now. It took me a while to realize you are talking about the calendar app.

It looks like your calendar or your theme is seriously broken. Does it do it in all themes? I am not aware of any way to adjust the height of that dialog, I always thought it was hard-coded. My initial reaction would be, reinstall the calendar app. However, a quick session with 'find' indicates that there might be light at the end of the tunnel. Could you please post the output of "find / -name default-view" (run as root)? Mine comes out empty. (Caveat: I may be leading you up the wrong path here, the short answer is I have no clue.)

Yep, i've used linux for years, and it baffled me too. Oddly, it only does it for calendar, and nothing else.

Find came up with no results, in fact
Code:
find -iname *default* |grep -i calendar
didin't come up with anything interesting either

And yes, I can change themes and it still does it. It didn't do it on my other N900, but I bought this new one and it does.

I need to upgrade my old one (oldly a software upgrade seemed to kill my signal strength, and I've just not got round to re-flashing it with the latest firmware to see if that fixes the problem). Until I do, I'm loath to go screwing around with my phone (and realyl don't want to be removing calendars, if there is a nat's testicle of a chance, that I might loose my calendar stuff).

Thanks for your help though. As a developer, I'm quite curious as to what could possibly be causing the problem. I'm guessing it MUST be a config file somewhere, but you're right I'd have thought popup sizes were hardcoded.