Active Topics

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
At this link we can find The Big Package.

C'mon TMO, get to opening up the rootfs!
Is there any reason that this image cannot be flashed onto an n900? Basically the developer device is the same? Anybody brave enough to try?

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Romania
i would try it but in about 8 hours as I get back home from work...if there are other brave ones..please feedback us...

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by jnack95 View Post
Is there any reason that this image cannot be flashed onto an n900? Basically the developer device is the same? Anybody brave enough to try?
The file is an executable, flasher's builtin.
I'm yet to ask MAG how he got rootfs.lzo out of it, I'm assuming he used unshar.

The file is an executable, flasher's builtin.
I'm yet to ask MAG how he got rootfs.lzo out of it, I'm assuming he used unshar.
Instead of extracting the image, I was talking about actually flashing the whole thing onto the N900 as if it were the N950. I mean what would be different? Same processor architecture, same gpu...it would be interesting to see what worked and what doesn't.........I'll probably not try it though unless someone can extract the image and I can flash it to a micro SD. Anybody got an extra N900 that might become a brick (but probably not)?

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Romania
Instead of extracting the image, I was talking about actually flashing the whole thing onto the N900 as if it were the N950. I mean what would be different? Same processor architecture, same gpu...it would be interesting to see what worked and what doesn't.........I'll probably not try it though unless someone can extract the image and I can flash it to a micro SD. Anybody got an extra N900 that might become a brick (but probably not)?
bet that MAG&others already are trying everything plausible....hope I read news until I get home to try flash it on my N900

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Well, MAG trying to backup CAL (MTD1) of the N900 failed and resulted in the cellular radio bugging out (fixed though), so I wouldn't try it. Especially that there are NOLO images inside the image. Not gonna flash directly. I'm going to load it on a uSD, and use the MeeGo Kernel to boot it.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
If we extract the files in the self-extractor (I've downloaded the Windows version and extracted with Winrar) we can see that there are the following files:

EMMC.bin (I suppose that this file correspond to RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin of the Maemo package)

flasher.bat
flasher.exe
msi_package_version.exe
Nokia_Connectivity_Cable_Driver.exe

RX-71.bin (I suppose that this file correspond to RX-51_2009SE_3.2010.02-8_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin of the Maemo Package)

These are only my thoughts, I'm not sure about it.

Well, MAG trying to backup CAL (MTD1) of the N900 failed and resulted in the cellular radio bugging out (fixed though), so I wouldn't try it. Especially that there are NOLO images inside the image. Not gonna flash directly. I'm going to load it on a uSD, and use the MeeGo Kernel to boot it.
That is a better route but I would guess that there is little difference between the kernel in this and the n900 adaption kernel. Keep us posted and good luck=O

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by blackjack4it View Post
If we extract the files in the self-extractor (I've downloaded the Windows version and extracted with Winrar) we can see that there are the following files:

EMMC.bin (I suppose that this file correspond to RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin of the Maemo package)

flasher.bat
flasher.exe
msi_package_version.exe
Nokia_Connectivity_Cable_Driver.exe

RX-71.bin (I suppose that this file correspond to RX-51_2009SE_3.2010.02-8_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin of the Maemo Package)

These are only my thoughts, I'm not sure about it.
I get an emmc.bin and an image.bin on Linux,
strings on the latter gives me:

Code:
MDFL61_HARMATTAN_1.2011.22-6_PR_RM680
vhash
vdata
kernel
Wrootfs
TAtc
xloader
secondary
cert-sw
RM-680

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
I get an emmc.bin and an image.bin on Linux,
strings on the latter gives me:

Code:
MDFL61_HARMATTAN_1.2011.22-6_PR_RM680
vhash
vdata
kernel
Wrootfs
TAtc
xloader
secondary
cert-sw
RM-680
Very Interesting...especially Wrootfs...
how can I unpack the bin files?

Tags
harmattan, meego