Active Topics

Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Specs we all want specs ok 1ghz Samsung processor, 5mp camera that shoots hd video but no flash in the camera, 521mb of ram, front facing camera however us versions don't have this, 4 inch super amoled display 800x480,
I don't think the average customer cares about the specs.
Make up your mind.

The Galaxy S is designed to be an average consumer phone.
Uh, no.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
The Galaxy S is designed to be an average consumer phone. The ui is designed to be simple an very user friendly.
Yes they want mass market appeal just like the iPhone, but that is never going to happen. People who buy these want high end android devices. People who just want a smart phone that is cool will buy a mid-ranged android device.

Oh and what is better, T-Mobile Vibrant unlocked for 450 and 55 for unlimited internet or At&t Captivate locked for 200 and 55 for 200mb per month? Is the extra 250 dollars worth unlimited internet, because I mostly will be staying in my WiFi blanketed campus most of the time, but don't want to be screwed when I leave

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Last edited by Thesandlord; 2010-07-04 at 06:45.

Bought one today and it is pretty nice.

Screen is awesome.

Not big fan of soft kb but swype is pretty nice

Super thin after info using my n900

The samsung touchui is not too bad.

If I can get root might think about keeping it

Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Yes they want mass market appeal just like the iPhone, but that is never going to happen. People who buy these want high end android devices. People who just want a smart phone that is cool will buy a mid-ranged android device.

Oh and what is better, T-Mobile Vibrant unlocked for 450 and 55 for unlimited internet or At&t Captivate locked for 200 and 55 for 200mb per month? Is the extra 250 dollars worth unlimited internet, because I mostly will be staying in my WiFi blanketed campus most of the time, but don't want to be screwed when I leave
200 MB is small to me. You'd easily blow through it if you watch video or use any streaming video. And if you plan on using Google Maps remember that the maps download on the fly.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I am playing with one. The screen is amazing but the phone feels cheap.

It felt pretty solid to me. I just couldn't get past that iPhoney TouchWiz interface. If it had Sense or whatever form of blur that's on the Droid X, I'd jump for it in a heartbeat

Afew more notes after using it for bit:

Camera sucks in low light compared to n900 but it foes do 720p video. In full light pictures are comparable.

Has tv out duplicate mode although playing the included avatar movie gave tv out npt supported supposedly becUse of drm

I c an t type as we'll
On this thing either

Web surfing is quite fast.

IREALLY miss the n900 method of just clicking blank area to go back. Hate having to hit a specific spot everytime

Last edited by quipper8; 2010-07-16 at 01:40.

I saw the Avatar thing, the quality was really impressive

Originally Posted by vietn900 View Post
I am playing with one. The screen is amazing but the phone feels cheap.
It is ju st the back that feels cheap. It is shiny hard plastic . Pit a metal back on it and it would feel just as nice as anything out there. Must be a lot more plastic in it than other phones though because it feels ultralxight

back on n900 now so i can type thes replies faster.

one odd thing is that when i went in to the store the rep wanted to change my data plan to an android one??? i was like whatever just give me the phone, dont touch my account(i was paying retail)

sure enough i got home and popped in same sim from n900 and internet worked fine straightaway.

weird